The MT-07 Forum

Purchasing Gear/Protection; advice wanted!

LivingADream13

1 hour ago, seven said:

Yup TCX is what I wear and so far of the limited shoes/boots I have tried they fit the best. Still wish they had some more room but selection is pretty limited compared to normal footwear.

Yeah definitely check out trial boots if  you havn't!! Just a simple search "best trial boot 2021" Good luck!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seven said:

@Kyuzo
I was told SIDI ran pretty narrow. Not so?

I do feel my SIDI's are  narrow. On the bike, it never bothers me. I often ride out to hiking trails. I've never hiked very far in the boots, but I've done 5+ miles on more than one occasion. I do notice some punching towards the end, but nothing horrible. Long days in the saddle ( 12-16hrs), multi day camping trips, the daily grind...I don't notice it.  I usually wear an EE width work boot.

So yes, they are a bit narrow, but I wouldn't let it scare you away from a pair of boots you really like, unless you happen to be particularly sensitive to foot pain or whatnot.

• Like 1

LivingADream13
21 hours ago, Kyuzo said:

Footwise I like SIDI.  I got some sidi Trial Boots I love to wear when ever I go on long rides. Of course Im not racing in them or anything like that. But they fit well, wasy to walk in, and out of all my motorcycle "shoes" and boots, it has the best toe box!!! Cause this what happens when you wear motorycle shoes with no toe box like with the Dainese Street Rider Air's. I got clipped by a car that was making a right turn then as I was passing it he decided to  do a U turn and pinned my right toe into my bikes engine block.  I took off his bumber but luckly didnt go down since he instanly realized he hti me and turn the other way... But both big toe and 2nd tow were crushed and bones shattered. The worse part was when at the Dr's they drove in the "10ft"  numbing needle into the tip of my toe (needed stitches on tip of toe)!! 

Crushed toes.jpg

Damnn advice heard! haha. Hope you're better now, and yeah, I don't plan on riding in anything less than full-on sport track boots. Treating my feet/ankles like my head, ( maximum protection possible ) hahaha 

~edit~ I might even wear my dirt biking boots at times

Edited by LivingADream13

fivepointnine

I had a lowside at the track and the brunt of the impact was on my forearm and hip./upper leg, luckily my Aplinestarts 1pc suit has full forearm armor so all it did was scuff the leather a little.

• Like 3