The MT-07 Forum

2021 Honda CB500X Anyone ?

scat2me

I think my brother had one of the first version.  He did a Suzuki shock on the back and did something else with the forks, I forget what he did.

It wasn't doing much for him, he now has an FJ-09 and is totally happy.    Not quite enough juice with the 500.  I think that is one problem with Honda in bikes other than their sport bikes - mundane performance.   Seems like they're trying to treat the U.S. market like the European and Asian markets, where bikes are common transportation.  In the U.S. they are mostly hobby "toys".

I have a Rebel 500 and have just posted in 'Other bikes - Rebel 1100'.  Engine vibes are unwelcome on my Rebel.  It has a different engine spec from the 500X but is still basically the same .  The fun factor is much lower than the MT, like most Hondas, but the 500X does a different job.

Edited by robbo10

Just do it! 

There's a following for this bike as a mini adventure tourer. Great mpg and light. Honda reliable. It's all you really need to get the job done for econo explorers.

Not for the sport or wheelie crowd.

And can pick them up used cheap.

My local dealer doesn't have any in stock. Various reviews on you tube say the vibration at highway speeds is very common and uncomfortable.