The MT-07 Forum

Bar End Weights Throttle Sticky

Jester

I helped a friend install this same setup on an old fazer, risky ... the quality was so low that everything moved if pushed hard enough.

The original barracuda's one are top quality, but trust me the extra price in THIS case is worth it.

Now, returning to us,  some washers smaller that the grip are a decent fix.

1 hour ago, Mad said:

I helped a friend install this same setup on an old fazer, risky ... the quality was so low that everything moved if pushed hard enough.

The original barracuda's one are top quality, but trust me the extra price in THIS case is worth it.

Now, returning to us,  some washers smaller that the grip are a decent fix.

Where did you put the washers? Under the rubber or on top of it? Because I have tried this in both ways it seems that the rubber is growing inside and catches the throttle tube which causes it to be sticky. 

Ok lets see if I can help. I have never seen these before  but I am familiar with the concept I believe.  Why is the throttle sticking, is it because the end cap is resting against the end of the throttle or because the rubber piece on the bar end has expanded too much and putting pressure on the throttle in order to have it stay in place.  If it's the first case just pull it out a smidge and tighten it up. If it's the second case is it just a matter of loosening it off a touch so as the rubber won't expand enough to restrict the operation.  Not sure I helped but worth a go.

• Premium Member

I can only think of two reasons why those type of pressure fit bar ends would cause throttle issues. Either the throttle tube is out past the end of the handlebar or the grip is  hanging out past the throttle tube.  Either will cause drag as they rub against the bar end.

Good luck resolving your issue.

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 2/13/2021 at 10:35 PM, Jester said:

Where did you put the washers? Under the rubber or on top of it? Because I have tried this in both ways it seems that the rubber is growing inside and catches the throttle tube which causes it to be sticky. 

just under the aluminum part of the bar end, as a spacer to move the bar end far from the grip and the throttle tube.

push when turning the screw.. or the system will move . this is why I dont like it, is not sturdy .