The MT-07 Forum

Help prob. install rear wheel

#26 George

So it was time the change the rear tire, did it and I could not insert the rear axle in cos. the long spacer inside was moovig all over the place, is it normal for the long spacer to move around between the wheel bearings ? What can I do ? Thanks in advance 

Maybe stick a long screwdriver in from the other side and position the spacer so the axle will get started in?

That i was thinking but is it normal that the spacers move it around? I had many sport bikes but I never seen same thing like that 

Edited by #26 George

They do on one or two of my other motorcycles.  I haven't changed a tire on my MT yet so I can't tell you about that.  I don't consider it abnormal though.

Edited by Triple Jim

59 minutes ago, #26 George said:

So it was time the change the rear tire, did it and I could not insert the rear axle in...

Page 2 of this thread will show you the spacers 

He had an unusual situation, bought a spare set of wheels and the seller left out a rear spacer - so the first page is  a mystery until discovered what was missing (2nd page of thread).

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Page 2 of this thread will show you the spacers 

He had an unusual situation, bought a spare set of wheels and the seller left out a rear spacer - so the first page is  a mystery until discovered what was missing (2nd page of thread).

Yes I did read it I got the 2 small spacers

I thought you were asking about the spacer in the hub, between the wheel bearings.  Is that right?

#5 in this diagram:

mt-07_rear_wheel.png

Did it but it was a nightmare, should not be like that, looking for another setup maybe endurance style 😆 Thanks for replay 👍

Edited by #26 George