The MT-07 Forum

K-tech razor lite review

#26 George

Someone that have a review of k-tech razor r lite  ? is it the same as ohlins entry levels  shock ? I just did bought the K-tech razor r lite 400 Euro, cant wait til arrive 

Edited by #26 George

Mine arrives tomorrow, just ordered too. I hear good things about it. Will be a couple month before it's warm enough to try it out here in ohio.

• Global Moderator

I have heard good things about the K-tech.  I have a Nitron R1 that am very happy with.  Anything is better than stock so I am sure you will like it.  Keep us updated after you get it installed. 

Will do thanks, here in Denmark is still snow but from 1 Marts we can drive, Ill would like to make a trip to Nurburring and Harzen in Germany 

Edited by #26 George

I purchased a K-tech lite a few weeks back. Install was simple and it makes a dramatic difference with the handling. I no longer feel the shock bottoming out on minor road imperfections. Never really had handling issues, beyond the bottoming and subsequent rebound. The other thing I noticed was the K-tech shock was about 50 percent of the weight of the OEM. I am pleased with the handling but would have been more pleased in Yamaha installed a better shock during the design phase.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

K-Tech IS the new Ohlins (at least in the USA)..... They saw an opportunity, and made good on it (customer service). I used to be an "Ohlins guy". After changing over to K-tech, I'll NEVER look back with regrets.... My wife and I have four K-Tech equipped bikes (three R3's, and an FZ-07). After having some "minor" K-Tech issues with my last shock purchase, they made good on it by sending my parts, via 2-day air from overseas... THAT is what I call customer service  😎-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member
On 2/11/2021 at 11:59 AM, #26 George said:

Someone that have a review of k-tech razor r lite  ? is it the same as ohlins entry levels  shock ? I just did bought the K-tech razor r lite 400 Euro, cant wait til arrive 

My wife and I have the K-Tech Razor "Lite" on our R3's.... It is a much better shock than the Ohlins "entry level" shock. I went the Ohlins route on my FZ-07, and wasn't too happy with it. I upgraded to the K-Tech Razor "R" on my FZ-07..... In hindsight, I bought more shock than I really needed 🙄. Unless you are racing/chasing points/championships,  don't waste your money (as I did) on the "R" version. The Razor "Lite" is much more than most street riders will ever need. Just my humble opinion-

• Like 3

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

I've been using my K-Tech lite for 6 months and I think it's very good. I only have the stock shock to compare it to, and 1/2 a pogo stick filled with Diet Coke would be better than that POS. Still, I've done a track day as well as my favorite Sunday ride, which is on some very bumpy roads and I think it works very well. I think a really serious trackday enthusiast or extremely fast street rider (who will probably kill him or herself at some point) will miss the lack of high/low-speed compression damping as well as the remote reservoir, but for $500 it's probably tough to beat. Even if I'm not LOL.

EDIT: I forgot to add it's a momma-humpin' PITA to adjust ride height--you have to take it off the bike to do it, as the lower mount has to rotate to adjust it (I think). Still, what $500 shock even has adjustable ride height?

i-m8jzfHK-X3.thumb.jpg.d155136d8bb34c02b17876e566f6543e.jpg

Edited by Gabe
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I've been using K-Tech in my FZ-07 racing prototype and LOVE it.  Great combination of "feel" and "stability".

:)

- Paul

Just ordered one, can't wait. Any recommendations for preload for a 220lb rider? Or rebound/length?

Edited by Ripinpepz

I orderd one it takes  about 3 weeks to arrive I am also 220 rider. Now need only cartridge kit, I did Dave Moss solution cut 10 mm of the  spacer and change to  15 W oil. Any recommandation for cartridge kit ?

19 hours ago, #26 George said:

I orderd one it takes  about 3 weeks to arrive I am also 220 rider. Now need only cartridge kit, I did Dave Moss solution cut 10 mm of the  spacer and change to  15 W oil. Any recommandation for cartridge kit ?

Can I ask what makes you want to cough up the money for cartridges if you’ve done with quick fix already? Do you track or compete? Or was the Dave moss fix not as good as advertised. 

3 hours ago, Ripinpepz said:

Can I ask what makes you want to cough up the money for cartridges if you’ve done with quick fix already? Do you track or compete? Or was the Dave moss fix not as good as advertised. 

Hi Ripinpepz  I do ocasionaly 3-4 track days a year for fun not compete or anything. I bougt the bike last year in december without upgrades only akra ti so I wanted to do some upgrades over the winter, thats why I did the easy quick fix but I did not drive the bike yet så I dont know how it gonna behave. I like to drive fast twisty roads and I always upgrated the suspensions on all my bikes

• Thanks 1