The MT-07 Forum

Poll: Did you test ride a FZ-07?

mjh937

Did a 400m test ride and fell in love. Wasnt 100% sure so i test rode a ninja 650. Sealed the deal about 100m on the ninja, knew the yamaha was for me. Didnt bother with anything else. Dont regret it one single bit and i still havent hopped off it without a stupid grin on my face more than a year later

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a test ride on the FZ-07 and FZ-09.  For some reason the 07 just fit me better.  I went in fully expecting to buy the 09 honestly and the asked if I've ever tried out the 07.  He gave me the key and I rode a couple miles and when I rolled back into the parking lot I told him it was my bike now.  :D

I test rode a brand new left over FZ1 twice, an FZ-09 and then bought the FZ-07 with no regrets to date.  
    The FZ-1 would have been the least expensive of the three but it wasn't the one for me. I expected to buy the 900 but I hated the seat and didn't enjoy the ride much at all. I had been sitting on the 700 between test rides and I liked the seating position and the lack of weight.
  When the shop owner asked me how I liked the 900 I said the 700 seems more comfortable. He didn't say a word as he swapped the license plate onto to 700 and pushed it outside.  The 2015 FZ07 stalled twice inexplicably on my ride but I didn't care, I still wanted one. I waited a few weeks for an upcoming sale event and took home a black 2016. 

I bought mine used off of Craigslist. I rode it a couple of miles just to make sure everything did what it was supposed to and there were no weird noises or parts falling off. Then you just hope for the best.

Definitely test rode mine - I've been riding high-power sportbikes for a long time (and still do), but wanted something more comfortable for long distances, 2 up, and still lots of fun to ride. I really liked the xsr900 and test rode that, but didn't love it. Was hesitant to try the fz-07 b/c everyone said I would be "bored with the power" with the bikes I'm used to riding. How wrong they were - within the first 30 seconds I knew the bike was a gem. I find it really strange that lots of newer riders feel the need to "upgrade" from the fz-07 to something with a bigger motor - makes me think they're missing what this bike is all about. It's so torquey and fun and flickable, but I guess people want to experience "big power". What they'll eventually learn is that power is just a novelty that wears off, but to each their own.

firstyammerha

I test rode one at a Yamaha demo day after many weeks reading magazine reviews and forum lurking. Traded an FZ09 in for it. The -09 was more bike than I need for my urban riding style. The SV650 was a close second.

I test rode one at a Yamaha demo day after many weeks reading magazine reviews and forum lurking. Traded an FZ09 in for it. The -09 was more bike than I need for my urban riding style. The SV650 was a close second.
I actually went to go buy an SV650 before I had ridden the FZ, but the dealer sales people were terrible, and didn't talk to me, even after I went inside looking for someone. They lost a sale that day. It was the only Suzuki dealer within a reasonable distance from me, so kind of knocked the SV out of the running for me. Worked out for the best though, because after demo-ing the FZ... I would take the FZ every time. :D

The first time I gazed on it I said, man I gots to get me one of them, what a load of fun sliden and wheeling that thing would be.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 weeks later...
firstyammerha

When I went to the dealership to do the FZ07 test ride, the Suzuki demonstration was going on also. However, the poor Suzuki reps were pretty much just standing around. I saw a group of Suzukis go out on their test ride only once in the hour or so I was there. The Yamaha groups were a continuous event. At least three or four.

I test rode one at a ride event. No dealers around here let you test ride unless you sign the paperwork to buy it.

Archived