The MT-07 Forum

The other off season stuff

Pursuvant

• Global Moderator

I've got my share of big off season bike mods I'm working that I'll be rolling out, but wanted to add a heads up about the stuff other than bike, that needs a look too.

Helmet !  I replace my Shoei shields every year (almost) and this is the first season over for this current helmet, it's right sized but after brake-in it is just a bit less secure in the chin. Good thing is a quality lid has replacement parts and you can order any pads a little bigger or smaller to really make it perfect fit. I ordered new chin pads that are a thicker than originals. Quality helmets are so fine today, but you inspect and make 'em that way. It's a new lid again, because maintenance.

Footwear, pants, jackets, gloves, ++, check all the details, maybe upgrade those pads all the way around to Level 2,. Get those taller boots with better ankle support, have gear for weather expected. Get riding clothes while they're discounted.

And insurance

Then repeat above for the people you love who ride with you.

And publish your bike mods right here ( with part numbers for key stuff ) once you've tested everything. We want to know how it works, not how you think it will work when it stops snowing.

Edit- ok I can't wait either, just publish your great stuff we all can enjoy anytime

Cheers

Edited by Pursuvant
  • Like 1

I don't have any mods to do with my MT-07 but I have some for my Honda Rebel 500. List so far; fork springs, fork gators, left side saddle bag, forward controls and front sprocket (+1 tooth).

I bought the transition lens for my Shoei 1200 and a Alpinestars Wake Air jacket with new CE 2 pads. 

• Global Moderator

Nice jacket, I picked up Dainese Super Speed tex jacket, and the weirdest armored shirt ever, the Knox Urbane Pro, both to push back on south Texas heat.

And this morning I'm tossing my blacked out radiator (used VHT rattle can paint) in wife's oven for a couple of heat/cool cycles b4 it goes back on machine

Edited by Pursuvant
  • Like 1