The MT-07 Forum

Mantt cruise control anyone?

Gofast Innovations

Gofast Innovations

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this cruise control. If so do you like it? Does it work as advertised?

https://www.amazon.ca/Aftermarket-Motorcycle-2008-2018-Adventure-2005-2007/dp/B08R8C176Z/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=mantt.+motorcycle+cruise+control&qid=1612542502&sr=8-4

If you're looking for a real cruise control, a throttle lock won't do it.  I'd probably like a real cruise control like the McCruise:

mccruise-installation-02-wbw.jpg

***My Pick of the Year So Far*** Interested in picking one up? Use coupon code 'webbikeworld' at checkout (no ') to save an additional...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gofast Innovations said:

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this cruise control. If so do you like it? Does it work as advertised?

https://www.amazon.ca/Aftermarket-Motorcycle-2008-2018-Adventure-2005-2007/dp/B08R8C176Z/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=mantt.+motorcycle+cruise+control&qid=1612542502&sr=8-4

Not the model in your link, but I put a throttle lock on an old Honda I had years ago. They screwed up the ratios in the throttle linkage and it seriously took a lot of effort to hold the throttle open for extended periods of time. It ended up being pointless. I don't live in a flat area, but our highways and interstates are as smooth as anywhere else I've traveled. The bike would run away on slight downhills and lose way too much speed on uphills. Even a light, torquey bike like ours requires some degree of extra throttle to maintain speed on slight uphills. After a couple rides the throttle lock ended up on a shelf in the shop. It's still there 10 years later. 

That aside, I wouldn't feel comfortable with the model you linked to, that goes on the bar end. The one I bought had a lever you flipped with your thumb to release it. Didn't have to take your hand off the grip to activate or deactivate it. 

• Like 1