The MT-07 Forum

pc v or flush

#26 George

Hi all,I got a 2014 mt07 with akra ti and consider buying a dna air filer, even thou I had many bikes over the years I dont know much about tuning so what can i do next 

1 leave it like that with akra ti and dna filter without any tune

2 Buy a power comander  V  or a flush ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by #26 George

• Premium Member

I think the term you mean is "flash", not flush..... I recommend the flash over the PCV. I have done both , on different bikes. The flash is the easiest. Unless you enjoy tinkering with fueling? Having tried both, I'll never go the PCV route again. Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member

Yup, a flash is way easier than a PCV.   

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Dennis.Halmstad

There is an third option.

To buy your own flash tool and software like Dynojet power vision 3. (there are other brands to)

Then you can make small changes and flash yourself. You can also leave the unit connected to get live data when riding and it has the ability to read and delete fault codes in the ecu.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dennis.Halmstad said:

There is an third option.

To buy your own flash tool and software like Dynojet power vision 3. (there are other brands to)

Then you can make small changes and flash yourself. You can also leave the unit connected to get live data when riding and it has the ability to read and delete fault codes in the ecu.

Powervision 3 is a great tool once you get your head around the software, you can change what you want or import power commander maps if you don’t want to mess with the fuelling too much yourself.

Dennis.Halmstad

You could also skip the DNA filter and keep the bike as is. I'm sure it's running pretty good anyway?

You will save a lot of danish dollars to buy Tuborg instead ;)

• Like 1

FWIW, I just got my ECU back from 2WDW and the decel is no longer as sever (and no more backfiring). Throttle response seems to be much smoother.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Dennis.Halmstad said:

You could also skip the DNA filter and keep the bike as is. I'm sure it's running pretty good anyway?

You will save a lot of danish dollars to buy Tuborg instead ;)

That s a cracking idee 😆