The MT-07 Forum

Weird cable slack adjustment

phanomenal07

I was doing some maintenance and removed the throttle cable from the throttle tube to lube the cables and I also unhooked the cables from the throttle body just to check them out to make sure everything was in good shape. When I put the cables back on the tube and throttle body for some reason it was stuck. It required me to max out the adjuster on both ends before reaching the appropriate throttle slack. I’m confused on why it now need to be loosened that much more to achieve the same slack from before I removed the cable. Should I play with it some more or just ride it as is since it does have the right amount of slack now. But it literraly cannot be adjusted anymore.

Something is assembled differently from the way it was before.  It would be worth checking again to find out where.  One place to start would be to verify that the cable housing ends are all seated properly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/25/2021 at 6:19 AM, Triple Jim said:

Something is assembled differently from the way it was before.

This. As said, re-check your work.

On 1/25/2021 at 5:55 AM, phanomenal07 said:

I was doing some maintenance and removed the throttle cable from the throttle tube to lube the cables and I also unhooked the cables from the throttle body just to check them out to make sure everything was in good shape. When I put the cables back on the tube and throttle body for some reason it was stuck. It required me to max out the adjuster on both ends before reaching the appropriate throttle slack. I’m confused on why it now need to be loosened that much more to achieve the same slack from before I removed the cable. Should I play with it some more or just ride it as is since it does have the right amount of slack now. But it literraly cannot be adjusted anymore.

You have the throttle assembly nub miss-aligned with the corresponding hole in the handlebar. The tube halves will be held apart with a gap when you try to tighten the screws. (Grind off the nub)