The MT-07 Forum

Yo

potatochips

Picked it up Thursday on my way to Barber, awesome bike.  Been riding for 20 years, everything from a motard to a liter bike.  I was looking at 09's, man that triple must be sweet, but the 07 felt so much smaller.

I bought it for the small size, light weight, and the twin motor.  I won't compare it to a full on sportbike, but as a more relaxed bike, it handled better than I was expecting, more than adequate for commuting and even spirited rides around town.  The throttle is the best I've felt for a fuel injected bike, very smooth and predictable, especially opening the throttle.  Even the mirrors are pretty good, the signals are a bit big.  If it wasn't priced so low, it'd be tough to call this a budget bike, Yamaha nailed it.  While the suspension isn't adjustable, it is pretty good as is for a street oriented bike, spring it for your weight and be done.

I'll go more aggressive on the tires, and replace/improve the suspension.  I see the site sponsors have some pretty nice setups, but I'll probably go Ohlins depending on what's available.  I like the stealthiness of the quiet exhaust to avoid attention from the law, but I'll probably change it out with a programmer further down the road.  For the time being, I'll have plenty of fun as is until I send the forks out.

Bill

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome potatochips! Glad you're enjoying the 07 so far. It can be modded for almost any purpose; members here are using it as a cruiser/tourer, a daily commuter, canyon carver and even track bike.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums Mr chips. The FZ is a versatile bike. I think a lot of reviews don't really emphasize that much. I've done a lot with mine so far.

Everything went braap.

Archived