The MT-07 Forum

Cheap Alarm for MT07 Advice Needed

Jester

Hey,

I’ve looked through a bunch of YouTube videos about motorcycle alarms, and found this cheap alarm for 20$ on Amazon. 

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HTGWYBA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_6JDcGbPVYJNDZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Is anyone familiar with this type of an alarm? It’s pretty easy to install and is very sensitive which is what I need, the only problem with this is that it drains the battery quickly (from what I’ve read on it’s reviews), is there any solution for the battery drainage?

Thanks!

• Premium Member

I don't think I'd trust the security of my bike to a $20 alarm.

At that price point You're not going to get any GPS locating ability which is the only thing that might help you get it back after they pick it up and toss it into the back of a truck/van.

I'd look for something more energy efficient to minimize the battery drain.

Good Luck finding a solution that works for you.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

9 hours ago, DewMan said:

I don't think I'd trust the security of my bike to a $20 alarm.

At that price point You're not going to get any GPS locating ability which is the only thing that might help you get it back after they pick it up and toss it into the back of a truck/van.

I'd look for something more energy efficient to minimize the battery drain.

Good Luck finding a solution that works for you.

Yes I do understand the consequences of cheap alarms but I really do not need more than that. I park my bike inside my building stairs room with a chain and brake lock, if someone tries to mess with it 10 neighbors in the building will also hear that + it’s a building with 2 floors, and also getting it out is pretty roughy you need to maneuver it a few times to get out from the front door. So basically I want the alarm as an addition to all that.

• Global Moderator

If your bike is inside could you put it on a battery tender?  That would fix the battery drain problem. 

This is the alarm I would highly recommend. It works very well. One on the front and one on the back plus the steering locked, and you are as good as you can get without using a chain.

https://www.amazon.com/Urban-UR6-motorcycle-Bike-Alarm/dp/B00YF051ZU/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=URBAN+UR6&qid=1611360344&sr=8-1

Edited by FZ not MT

9 hours ago, FZ not MT said:

This is the alarm I would highly recommend. It works very well. One on the front and one on the back plus the steering locked, and you are as good as you can get without using a chain.

https://www.amazon.com/Urban-UR6-motorcycle-Bike-Alarm/dp/B00YF051ZU/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=URBAN+UR6&qid=1611360344&sr=8-1

Does it trigger when someone tries to lift the bike? Or does it work only when the rear or front wheel is moved?

12 hours ago, Jester said:

Does it trigger when someone tries to lift the bike? Or does it work only when the rear or front wheel is moved?

I would say yes. The cool thing about this lock is that the alarm is not too sensitive like the Xena which is useless due to the hyper-sensitivity of the alarm. While I never tried to lift the bike to test it, I do know that any movement of the wheel will trigger it. I think that it would be impossible to lift a motorcycle without movement of the wheel. The alarm is seriously loud with several warning beeps before it goes full-on. With a disc lock on both wheels, you eliminate both forward and rearward motion of the bike, and get the sound of double alarms.