The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura R-77 Exhuast Sounds test & Comparison to stock.

Russian Rider

Russian Rider

Heres my first first Yoshi exhaust video (out of 3) The exhaust is a beast! 

Comment on the youtube page and if your not subbed yet don't forget to :) I do some moto-vlogs and reviews/install guides. 

If you want to buy ones I recommend RevZilla. The Carbon version like mine is $600 if you count the $30 credit they give you towards your
next purchase and they also give free shipping. The Stainless/Carbon mix is $548 with credit. http://bit.ly/1E6BTky

• Premium Member

Your production skills are dope, thanks for sharing.

I need to borrow your microphone setup so I can capture the delkevic sound for comparison haha.

Everything went braap.

Russian Rider
Your production skills are dope, thanks for sharing. 
I need to borrow your microphone setup so I can capture the delkevic sound for comparison haha.
If your in the Spokane WA area and want to borrow it let me know :) If not the recorder can be bought for $99 new or maybe $80 used. I use mine with a $29 lav mic for my moto-vlogs and have been told sound is great. Setting for the exhaust sound comparison (just incase lol) Auto gain = off level = 25 48hz 320kbps mp3 - lowpass on 6 feet away from bike =)

Rad! Now I'm being steered away from the Akra for this one. Pinch pennies for suspension upgrades too.

Are you going to post a video of the sound without the baffle installed?

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

Russian Rider
Rad! Now I'm being steered away from the Akra for this one. Pinch pennies for suspension upgrades too. 
Are you going to post a video of the sound without the baffle installed?

Yup in my full review :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I went to the local Dianese store, in Newport Beach, yesterday. The salesman that I was talking with had a white FZ with the Yoshi exhaust, no baffle. Sounded....AMAZING....WOW! This will be my next purchase for sure.

'15 FZ-07

Russian Rider

Hey FZ-07 Riders! RevZilla is doing a one day (12/8/14) sale on the Yoshimura exhausts. http://bit.ly/1E6BTky You can get the stainless/carbon full exhaust for $524 with free shipping + $25 revzilla credit for next purchase OR the full carbon fiber exhaust for $581 with free shipping + $25 revzilla credit. Great price for an awesome exhaust. If you want to hear how it sounds like heres my video on youtube

. So who's treating themselves for Christmas =) 

Russian Rider
Update: I went to the local Dianese store, in Newport Beach, yesterday. The salesman that I was talking with had a white FZ with the Yoshi exhaust, no baffle. Sounded....AMAZING....WOW! This will be my next purchase for sure.
This may be the day (if you have $) check my post above. Revzilla is doing a one day sale on the Yoshi exhaust. bit.ly/1E6BTky

• Premium Member

I have been on the fence but with a $50 discount I had to pull the trigger. It has been ordered. I hope to see the install video posted soon, RR. :-)

-OS

Russian Rider
I have been on the fence but with a $50 discount I had to pull the trigger. It has been ordered. I hope to see the install video posted soon, RR. :-) 
-OS

As soon as I get my voice back :) vid is done just need to do voice over.

Why didn't I see this post yesterday? Dang it. I'll keep my eyes open for another sale, not quite ready to buy it yet, but for the extra $50 off, it would have been easier.

• Premium Member

I ordered it on Monday afternoon and it arrived Thursday evening. Great experience with Revzilla! I installed it today. I started without the baffle but then came back and put it in. It sounds great. Much deeper. With the baffle installed it can be tame in the lower RPM's if you try but once you crack it open it is a real hoot!!

About the install. I would consider myself on a good day to be a noob/novice mechanic. Overall it was a pretty easy install even for a novice. I did want to share a little of the experience.
The stock system came off really fast. I thought I would run it w/o baffle and then come back and install after a ride = bad idea for me. There is a small hole covered by a rubber grommet allowing access to the baffle on the side of the muffler. There is enough clearance between the muffler sidewall and the exhaust pipe for the screw to fall down into. I dropped the baffle screw down into that hole and had to pull it back off to get the screw out. lol. Once I had the muffler back off it seemed like there would have been no way for me to get the baffle in while it was still on the bike. So my advice would be to install the baffle before you install the muffler on the bike if you want the baffle. (if you're like me and wanted to hear both and then decide keep reading) The mounting bracket for the muffler gave me the most trouble. Now maybe the better mechanics have a tip or a tool that makes it a snap and if so please share, but this guy had to contemplate the meaning of life the fifteenth time the nut fell then bounced of the back of the muffler and skidded 4 feet from the bike. When I realized I had to do it a second time I broke down and cried softly for a few minutes. I finally found that a pair of needle-nose vice grips to pin it all together gave just enough room to start a thread on the nut. I also had to use a little dab of grease to keep the exhaust gaskets seated in the head the fourth time they fell out.  Barring my novice mistakes it really only took about 2 hours (even with my crying). I am very pleased with the sound and sense of accomplishment. :)

I only had time for a quick 10 minute ride but it was a blast and I am excited to get back out on it asap. Though I knew it wouldn't be a performance boost without the fuel controller the "seat-of-the-pants-dyno" indicated that all that work must have made the red all the more rapid.

-OS

OS -- thanks for the detailed post, very helpful.

So, you didn't say, are you liking it with the baffle in better? Sounds like you left it in so I assume that's what you prefer.

Also, no ECU flash update required, right? You did mention the fuel controller -- are you thinking about it?

Thanks again!

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

• Premium Member
OS -- thanks for the detailed post, very helpful. 
So, you didn't say, are you liking it with the baffle in better? Sounds like you left it in so I assume that's what you prefer.

Also, no ECU flash update required, right? You did mention the fuel controller -- are you thinking about it?

Thanks again!
I've put a few more miles on it and I like it better with the baffle installed. I am not sure it is a significant decibel decrease with the baffle installed rather it just seems to take the edge off, without the baffle there was a little more "raw" of a sound. I'm not sure if that really makes sense but in the end my vote is still for the baffle installed.
No ECU work was done, and it seems to run just fine. I am thinking of doing a controller mostly because of what I have read on this forum from the guys who have done it. Seems like it would smooth out the throttle a bit and be a good addition. I am mostly waiting for the dobek guys to publish the dyno results for their controller with the Yoshi exhaust before I pull the trigger.

I am mostly waiting for the dobek guys to publish the dyno results for their controller with the Yoshi exhaust before I pull the trigger.
I'm waiting for the same thing. I haven't looked much into the EJK yet but does it only control fuel? as opposed to the power commander controlling fuel & ignition.

'15 FZ-07

• Premium Member

I am mostly waiting for the dobek guys to publish the dyno results for their controller with the Yoshi exhaust before I pull the trigger.
I'm waiting for the same thing. I haven't looked much into the EJK yet but does it only control fuel? as opposed to the power commander controlling fuel & ignition.
From what I can tell it is only fuel. There is a ton of info on the site: http://www.electronicjetkit.com/EJK-information.asp 
I posted a question on the Yoshimura Dobek thread to see when they may have any results.

I just installed the Yoshimura system on my bike this last weekend. I have only been able to put about 20 miles on it since the install and it sounds even better than I had hoped. But I'm curious -- I'm assuming that the headers will blue over time. Has anyone experienced this yet?

Archived