The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura fender eliminator LED issue

Boe

I've had a yoshimura fender eliminator on my FZ for a few years now. Was doing some maintenance on the bike and noticed one side of the LEDs, for the license plate are dim and not lighting up; the other side seems to be working normally. I've double checked the wiring to make sure it was not a low current issue. Has worked great up until now.

• 4 LEDs total, the 2 on the left side are extremely dim and provide no light, 2 on the right side work fine.
  • wiring is fine, no issues there.

Wondering if there is a led replacement for the fender eliminator? If not, some suggestions for a new fender eliminator with plate lights(maybe one that has replaceable LEDs) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Global Moderator

I would contact Yoshimura and see if they can help.  Perhaps they will sell you the LED’s as it sounds like two of them have failed. 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE. Yoshimura got back to me and one of their sales reps sold me the replacement part which was the LED light/housing.

I had my fender eliminator for a few years and during that time they updated the design to include a sealed light/housing to prevent dirt, moisture, or water from getting in. Best I can tell, my old LED board failed because of water or moisture as I do ride in the rain occasionally.

If you have this same issue, it is likely because you have the older version of their fender eliminator like I did.

• Fixed by ordering replacement part through yoshimura sales -- sealed light/housing for fender eliminator
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/15/2021 at 12:48 PM, Boe said:

UPDATE. Yoshimura got back to me and one of their sales reps sold me the replacement part which was the LED light/housing.

I had my fender eliminator for a few years and during that time they updated the design to include a sealed light/housing to prevent dirt, moisture, or water from getting in. Best I can tell, my old LED board failed because of water or moisture as I do ride in the rain occasionally.

If you have this same issue, it is likely because you have the older version of their fender eliminator like I did.

• Fixed by ordering replacement part through yoshimura sales -- sealed light/housing for fender eliminator

Could you link us the part number, if available, please for future reference?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

18 hours ago, DewMan said:

Could you link us the part number, if available, please for future reference?

The part number is SKU: 070BG-LH-K1

Which can be found here: https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/products/fender-eliminator-led-tail-light-kt-070bg-lh-k1

I could not find the part on their website prior to emailing them and when I contacted yoshimura sales through email, I asked if they made a replacement part and told them that I wanted to keep the fender eliminator if they did. Response took some time but the sales rep was nice and offered a discount on the part.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...