The MT-07 Forum

Dielectric grease

fourth1

Has anyone experience with dielectric grease on coil-spark plug  connection.Ive used it my whole life but this is my 1st bike with this type of coil.Coil was a bear to get out so also wanted to use it on 3 O-rings on coil but wasnt sure if over time grease would dry out and make it worse next time I remove coils. Thnx

The only tech reference material I see is to apply it on the inside of the boot (where it meets spark plug) but I don't see why you couldn't put a thin layer on the outside to make them easier to remove.

This video doesn't really address your question, but AWESOME demo of tools that make removal easier.

Edited by Lone Wolf

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, fourth1 said:

Has anyone experience with dielectric grease on coil-spark plug  connection.Ive used it my whole life but this is my 1st bike with this type of coil.Coil was a bear to get out so also wanted to use it on 3 O-rings on coil but wasnt sure if over time grease would dry out and make it worse next time I remove coils. Thnx

I found it easier to get the coils off after the first time.  It was still a pain, but it was not as difficult.  I did not put anything on the coils when I reinstalled them. 

• Global Moderator

Q - have you found high performance COP set, or just putting stock rated coils back in?

No putting stock coils back in. Im a little tight on $. Just bought new set of Q3+ Dunlops so didnt really look into it But will prolly check it out in a sec. Also has 9900 mi.

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, fourth1 said:

No putting stock coils back in

I was only curious because I was trying to get some numbers on stock COP output a while back, found almost nothing