The MT-07 Forum

No new physical Haynes manuals.

DewMan

• Premium Member

I think this is crap, but going forward there will be no new paper based  Haynes manuals.

The greedy new owners of the company are going to a digital subscription only model for any future titles. So if you want the Haynes manual for a new vehicle made in 2021 or newer, it'll cost you USD $35/month to access it.

BB1bGCRu.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

Shade-tree mechanics will have an adjustment to make as future car, truck, SUV, and bike manuals will be released only as digital downloads.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, DewMan said:

I think this is crap, but going forward there will be no new paper based  Haynes manuals.

The greedy new owners of the company are going to a digital subscription only model for any future titles. So if you want the Haynes manual for a new vehicle made in 2021 or newer, it'll cost you USD $35/month to access it.

BB1bGCRu.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

Shade-tree mechanics will have an adjustment to make as future car, truck, SUV, and bike manuals will be released only as digital downloads.

That sucks big time!!

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, DewMan said:

it'll cost you USD $35/month to access it.

Wow that's pricey. Is it for access to all manuals they have on file or $35 a month for your individual model?

• Global Moderator

They obviously do not work on vehicles.  My Haynes manuals are all greasy from using them with dirty hands.  It gives them character.  I do not want to give my iPad character.  

• Like 7

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, blackout said:

Does Yamaha sell a service manual?

Yes they do, but I like the Haynes manuals as they have photos and more details on the steps. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 10:13 AM, blackout said:

Does Yamaha sell a service manual?

You can also get them directly from Yamaha: 

$89 for a hard copy.
And online, read-only access for $14.99/month or $79.99/year. 

Edited by D.A.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/9/2020 at 2:40 AM, Thebadguy said:

I am also looking for a non digital manual for my 2018.  Has anyone purchased one from here 

MT07_18-19__63753.1587243031.220.220.JPG

2018-2020 Yamaha MT-07 Part# LIT-11616-31-60 service shop repair...

Old-ish post, but I bought one from there and it came sealed, brand new in about a week. Not sure where that person's getting them (overstock at dealers or something?), don't really care lol, but its been a solid investment

Civiltechyyc

The good news is most of what you’ll typically need to do is already on YouTube in one way or another. Still pretty shitty of Haynes going the subscription route. More people will bootleg it.

The only experience I have with Haynes manuals is for the Kaw triples, and those tend to have more errors than desirable.