The MT-07 Forum

My FZ-07 is displaying SD 46 error code on Dashboard.

laxman356

Hello Guys,

My bike was lying in the garage for 3 months (starting periodically though) and today I took it out for a ride. It was good till I rode for 8 miles and after that the head light started blinking and once I took the exit where I need to give a less throttle, the bike was dead. I tried starting the bike and the display started behaving weirdly and the bike didn't start. After sometime, I tried the same and it did start. This time, till I went home, I was continuously giving the throttle even at the traffic signals to keep it alive. Thank god, I successfully reached home.  Bike was dead immediately  as soon as I reached home as expected. I saw code SD 46 on the dashboard which further digging taught me that it means Charging voltage is abnormal. Can someone please help me what can I do now?

PS: I took out the in cold temperature after long time!!!

2 hours ago, laxman356 said:

Hello Guys,

My bike was lying in the garage for 3 months (starting periodically though) and today I took it out for a ride. It was good till I rode for 8 miles and after that the head light started blinking and once I took the exit where I need to give a less throttle, the bike was dead. I tried starting the bike and the display started behaving weirdly and the bike didn't start. After sometime, I tried the same and it did start. This time, till I went home, I was continuously giving the throttle even at the traffic signals to keep it alive. Thank god, I successfully reached home.  Bike was dead immediately  as soon as I reached home as expected. I saw code SD 46 on the dashboard which further digging taught me that it means Charging voltage is abnormal. Can someone please help me what can I do now?

PS: I took out the in cold temperature after long time!!

You need a new battery and to clean the cable ends when installing it. 

You could try charging your old one and descaling the terminals but the fact that it's acting up after just a few months inactive suggests it's toast. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, laxman356 said:

It’s an year old battery... should I replace even then?

You can test it and charge it but they aren't very durable any more. Make sure to clean the terminal ends they tend to corrode when the battery voltage drops in storage.

Code 46 is a voltage/power issue in the fuel injection system, a common sign of a bad battery or dirty or corroded cables. 

• Like 2