The MT-07 Forum

Pvdwiki

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

I ran across this site on the triumphrat forum recently. I acquired a 675r Striple over the summer so dived into this forum to learn about the new ride. The Pvd is Peter vandoorne and he is somewhat of a suspension guru. His site has a few interesting things to say about fork oils like ATF is not a suitable oil for use in cartridge forks but works well in a damper rod fork.  He also lists a number of fork oils and their centipoise rating.  Note this list of oils goes back to 2006-with an update in 2012. But the list looks pretty up to date today. Check it out.

You can also check out youtube...just type in 'Dave Moss Suspension Tuning' and find some good tips on not only suspension tuning, but how to personalize your ride for your particular riding/body. He's a suspension tuner at race tracks and gives free advice...eg. if you own a FZ07, cut 10mm. off the spacers in the front forks and change the fork oil to 15-20 weight.  It'll make a HUGE differece for next to nothing in cost, and many can DIY.

firstyammerha

I didn't have the link available but figured anyone interested in checking it out would just google it. Now I've found in my notes:www.peterverdonedesigns.com. Not vandoorne as I previously said.  My opinion is that it is good to read as much as possible on a subject of interest. Pattonme is someone that I put a lot of trust in when it comes to suspension tuning advice. Dave Moss not so much I'm afraid.