Sign in to follow this  
firstyammerha

what is this in my garage?

firstyammerha

After years of wondering if what they say about the Striple is true, I found one at a reasonable price: 2017 675R with 3200 miles on it and nearly new Michelin Road 5 2CT tires.  My only complaint is the fork high speed compression damping is just as bad as the FZ's. And it spins about a thousand rpm higher than the FZ at 60. But that means it's pretty peppy boy!  And Oh that exhaust note-a siren song if ever there was one. I can say it is a class above the FZ overall but then again the original price was about three grand more than the FZ. And it is chunkier than the FZ but...  

2017 Triumph 675R Street Triple in Cataula.JPG

• Like 8

mossrider

"What is this in my garage?"

A turd.

Lol, just kidding, they're kinda cool. Enjoy it! 😃

DewMan

So which is a better overall bike? A stock striple or an FZ/MT07 with the price difference in upgrades? Hmmmm.....

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

mossrider

bf703d02f5e04a75fcfbf05d2fbd89e9--math-design-logos.jpg.e65446bdcd3246c1bf68d14ff74ab605.jpg

Just sayin

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

firstyammerha

Your pictogram sums it up well mossrider. The Striple is the bike I needed thirty(ummm forty) years ago. The FZ fits like a glove at this stage of life. Now if Yamaha would do a 350lb.,500cc Triple version of our bike, I'd probably trade. But think I'll hang on to the Striple for awhile though just because of that exhaust.    

emmett

When I sold my Hogly (2011 Heritage Classic) I was torn between the striple and the FZ07. Not only was the Yammie cheaper, but maintenence was MUCH better. A service manager at the Triumph dealer told me the valves needed checking every 12K miles ($300) and if they needed any type of adjustments ($800). The Yammie needs vales checked every 26,500 miles. Much better. I'm sure any factory part will be much more for the English bike. That aside, I LOVE the striple. Handles like a dream. As soon as I swung a leg over it, I felt like it was custom made just for me. I bought the FZ07 and love it, too, but it's not a stripple. The new striple is even nicer. So congrats First Yammerhaw. I KNOW you'll love your striple. Everyone else does. shet, I even like the headlight.

Karlos

I've had my MT07 two years now from new... i had a test ride on a new stripleRS.... oooooh mama.  I think I may have to take the plunge next year if COVID doesn't get me

firstyammerha

emmett and Karlos, if you need keys for the newer striples, they're like $75.00 each because they have transponders built in. Mine came with only one so I popped for a couple of spares and they're dealer only items.

JeffroTull

I picked the MT because I wanted a great “all-around” bike since my wife won’t sign off on me owning more than one right now, and I’ve got a few more years before I’m ready to move to a “dad” bike like an ADV or something. I love the character of the CP2 and the MT’s malleability/ customizability. But if I were allowed to have 3 bikes, it would probably be a KTM 1290 GT for touring, a Victory Octane for cruising and a Street Triple for more spirited rides/canyon carving. IMHO the Street Triple is king of the mid weight nakeds.

• Like 1

firstyammerha

Update: I lightly dropped the bike in a space at a shopping center parking lot. Only damage was to the right front turn signal lens which broke. I found a Pennsylvania parts house specializing in this brand and was able to get a new lens($20.00) in a week. The embarrassing part next to dropping the thing was picking it up. I tried the usual way of dead lifting it off the asphalt but couldn't get it better than a 45 degree angle. Not quite upright so I tried backing into it and lifting it to no avail. All the while people were driving by and getting a good grin at the show I was putting on. Finally a stout guy stepped in and gave me a hand raising the bike to vertical so I could climb on and lower the side stand and catch my breath. I've decided that my curiosity has been satisfied and really wish that I could have bought one decades ago. I've put it on CycleTrader and decided to buy a CB300R. I'm not done with riding yet. The FZ07 is still within my abilities so she'll stay. 

robbo10

If the bike falls on the right side, remember to lower the sidestand before you start lifting, so it is ready.  I found that backing in was favourite (the aged 78 or so) and successful. 

Just do it! 

firstyammerha

I traded the Striple for a 2021 CB300R with ABS. It was worth what Kelly Blue Book said-$5800. So I'm zipping around now using my left toe way more often than on the Fz or Striple.  Honda did a great job matching the throttle with the engine because rev matching is so nice on this bike. It's like swapping the stock FZ throttle tube for an R6 tube but feels much better. I haven't seen this much RPM in high gear since 1975! The FZ is in the shop and I will greatly enjoy alternating the two when it gets returned to me. 

• Like 1

wollerms

I bought a 2021 Street Triple R this year to add to the collection, did 170 miles today through the Smokey mts. Below our my current bikes.

MT07.thumb.jpg.f11d9359a8e36d7d14a4b37aa1d962db.jpgSV650.thumb.jpg.7d9c72eb68ea3467b0b4ee462a1306f9.jpg342000653_Rc3901.thumb.jpg.f943c41c3ba53eb1c06eeb80595f8349.jpg1186497350_Triumph765R.jpg.e2555ee0928b37e0cbf936db643e0257.jpg

Edited by wollerms
spelling
  • Like 1

shinyribs

Wollerms, bro.... you've got good style, my man 👍

PMT-07
10 hours ago, wollerms said:

I bought a 2021 Street Triple R this year to add to the collection, did 170 miles today through the Smokey mts. Below our my current bikes.

MT07.thumb.jpg.f11d9359a8e36d7d14a4b37aa1d962db.jpgSV650.thumb.jpg.7d9c72eb68ea3467b0b4ee462a1306f9.jpg342000653_Rc3901.thumb.jpg.f943c41c3ba53eb1c06eeb80595f8349.jpg1186497350_Triumph765R.jpg.e2555ee0928b37e0cbf936db643e0257.jpg

Wow nice collection. I was looking at the triple before the MT-07. The mt is my first bike and I’m really enjoying it. Minus the seat 😂

firstyammerha

Great choice in rides there Wollerms. Tough decision day to day...um, which bike do I ride today?🤔 

robbo10

I alternate. Saves decision making.

Just do it! 

wollerms

Yes I ride them equally, except for the 2015 KTM (10,000 miles) as it hurts my wrists so only ride it anymore maybe once a month or so. Plus it's loud as hell!

2017 SV650 (16,000 miles) is or feels larger than others and is more stable in the curves, also has the best transmission

2019 MT07 (10,000 miles) is a hotrod, best exhaust soundtrack

2021 ST765R after putting 4000 miles on it I'm getting good with it. Man the up/down quickshifter is a blast on the straightaways. This bike rips. Engine is real noisy (mechanically) like other european bikes I've owned.   

I never could afford more than one bike, now I can so heck with it, I know a few guys that have 10-15 bikes!