The MT-07 Forum

It would be nice to know the size of the huge nut on the clutch basket

myfootisdumb

Yes, i need to know the size of the huge nut on the clutch basket so that i can remove it and install my factory pro shift kit.. my old bike was 27 MM

your help is needed :)

• Global Moderator

@myfootisdumb, I am not sure which nut you are talking about but the only one I can see in the manual is the clutch boss nut (#8 on the drawing).  It does not look very big, but I have not had my clutch apart so maybe it is bigger than it looks.  

73451CEC-8D9E-4006-9D0C-B86C0EBA3254.png

• Premium Member

You'd think with all the slipper clutch talk in this forum someone would remember the socket size. 😄

Buy Yamaha 90179-20007-00 - NUT. This OEM part is guaranteed by Yamaha's limited part warranty ✓ FREE Shipping on qualified orders - Partzilla.com

This shows all the other bikes this nut fits. perhaps with some Google-Fu you can find the answer to the socket size.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

One Millimeter is .03937". So if you are able to measure the nut  with dial caliper or even ballpark it with a tape, divide that by .03937 and you will  have the size in millimeters. Never had mine apart so I can't tell you the size.

There's a picture with a ruler in the upper partzilla link. I did some wild cgi special effect magic and turned the nut!
But I can't read the funny ruler, is this a width of  something between 1,25 and 1,125 inches ? No wonder that Harley struggles!
1,125 inches = 28,5 mm

It seems bigger than that and nobody uses a 29mm socket, so 30 mm seems to fit.
1,1811 Inches = 30mm (?).  Errrm no warranty picture is not 100% perpendicular :D

But 30mm is also the standard wrench-size for a M20 nut in my country according to DIN and ISO. Little Japanese people have no JIS standard for such big nuts I think   😕   

I prefer to open my tool locker and if the chosen socket is to small, I just take a bigger one.
(really, I have 3 repair books for the bike and nowhere you can find the nut size)

grafik.png.95b41d013216998c01f2a478f7348114.png

Edited by ElGonzales
added more conjunctive

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, ElGonzales said:

There's a picture with a ruler in the upper partzilla link. I did some wild cgi special effect magic and turned the nut!
But I can't read the funny ruler, is this a width of  something between 1,25 and 1,125 inches ? No wonder that Harley struggles!
1,125 inches = 28,5 mm

It seems bigger than that and nobody uses a 29mm socket, so 30 mm seems to fit.
1,1811 Inches = 30mm (?).  Errrm no warranty picture is not 100% perpendicular :D

But 30mm is also the standard wrench-size for a M20 nut in my country according to DIN and ISO. Little Japanese people have no JIS standard for such big nuts I think   😕   

I prefer to open my tool locker and if the chosen socket is to small, I just take a bigger one.
(really, I have 3 repair books for the bike and nowhere you can find the nut size)

grafik.png.95b41d013216998c01f2a478f7348114.png

I wouldn't rule out it possibly being  29mm. I've seen that size on bikes in the past.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.