The MT-07 Forum

K&N MWR DNA BMC air filters

Sheepdog-07

Looking to replace stock air filter on my 2018 MT07. The bike has a full akro carbon exhaust and  Flash Tune data link installed on the bike. Also going to remove the snorkel on the airbox. Looking for some feedback on what you guys recomend and what you are running for air filter.

Thanks

I would look to the K&N because it is reusable and cheaper than some of the others. As for performance, no filter will bring big results unless you replace or modify the stock airbox like with a Hordpower filter. That's what I read and the people that work at 2WDW told me. If you do the Hordpower filter, you will need to remove the baffle from your exhaust. I have a Akrapovic Ti and removed the baffle then I reinstalled it a few months later. Sounds mean but too loud for everyday use. LOL.

Still would like to try the Hordpower, heard great things.  But would have to send the ECU back to 2WDW...

Right now I'm running stock with snorkel removed.

• Global Moderator

I am running a MWR filter and lid with a stock exhaust and 2WDW tune.  I am very happy with the setup. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I like the MWR stuff, because their filter and lid combo has the most surface area of any combo out there, effectively making your airbox virtually larger.  If you waned a different solution and wanted to get rid of your airbox altogether, they have the MWR/CarbonSmith racing Intake solution (RIS).

I personally tested the MWR against the DNA, and the MWR made more power.  The RIS makes even more.

On that FlashTune data link you have...be careful if you use their unrestricted map.  It's known to have very aggressive timing.

Stock air filter is fine, I wouldn't bother changing it for aftermarket.

If you're on the track then Hordpower's airbox (or other intake solution) will be needed anyway.