The MT-07 Forum

New Triumph Trident

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member

I've watched a few videos on the Trident. It's a nice bike with some nice features I wish the FZ-07 had, but it just doesn't talk to me like the street triple does.

I wanted to like the Trident as a cheaper version of the street triple but it just doesn't do it for me aesthetically. Primarily the dated look of the headlight, tank & the dash are not appealing to me. I'm a fan of a more modern look.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I ike it a lot.  I would be happy with the headlight. Whereas I would not buy a Street triple because of the lights (they seem to me to belong to the bike in front).  Styling I like a lot.  Engine size - tick.  But.. .. I will not be changing to it. 

• Like 1

Just do it! 

I think it's a good looking bike. I don't care for the extra electronics, but the price, weight, etc seem to be right where they should. 

I'm happy to see manufacturers focusing on light, torquey bikes and moving away from the ego driven race replicas. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
firstyammerha

You can check this new bike out on triumphrat.net. They have a sub-forum for this model. I spend some time on the site since acquiring a used 675R last summer. To me, it's got too many styling faux pas  to appeal to me.