The MT-07 Forum

Re-build help/advice needed

fzar

• Premium Member

So I crashed my bike a couple of weeks back, I'm fine. I done a nice job on messing it up, rode it home from the scene and started taking plastics of to see where I was at and if it was worth salvaging. I had it down to the frame with the motor, radiator, swing-arm in place. I checked everything 5 times and I deemed it would be worthwhile to get her back on the road. I have run into a few problems that I'm hoping I could get advice /input from those of you that would know better than me on how to approach this. I have about 98% of all the parts needed for this re-build in my possession. 

In the first picture here, it's pretty self explanatory I think. The front end got a good  rolick'in snapped both steering stops on lower triple and damaged the frame stop. My plan is to get the frame stop cleaned up and weld a simple I_I plate that adds + 5mm either side (The lock is too much in my eyes) and also get some rubber/poly bump stops to aid in the excessive movement of the front end. The bump stops would be first contact with the forks or lower triple before the steering stops on the lower triple contact the frame stop plate.

YES/NO? Any ideas.

4CBB8BA8-8785-4AC4-9BB6-913962F6335E.jpeg

In this second picture, I have 1 fork leg disassembled, cartridge out ready to get a new stanchion (both inner tubes were bent) bushes,seals, fork oil. The other fork leg 8 mm bolt that goes into the oem damper rod however will not loosen, It is spinning, ( just the bolt, not the fork) BUT the cartridge will not come out of the stanchion. I'm kind of lost on this as I had no trouble with the other fork leg and I've done this on this bike 2 other times before. Once OEM rebuild and the the cartridge build. Any ideas? 8388FD48-FD4A-45A9-B500-8F3484611C7B.jpeg