The MT-07 Forum

Spacer for front shock bolt?

Yakko Warner

Do any of you have a spacer (part number 3 in the attachment) on your front shock bolt?

I have a 2018 MT-07, and I just swapped my shock for the Ohlins.  When I looked at the manual for the torque settings, I saw the manual specify a spacer for the bolt.  I checked the oem shock and it didn't look like a spacer was there.  I don't remember hearing anything fall.  And I remember the bolt was a tight fit when I inserted it through the Ohlins.

But in case I screwed up, I thought I'd ask before going for a ride.  Thanks again for helping a newb.

Shock.PNG

That's the bolt sleeve and should be in the left side engine lug next to the shock eye (centered between the mounting lugs). It prevents putting torsional pressure on the mounting lugs on the motor and risking breaking them off. 

• Like 1

Thanks mossrider.  I found the spacer after taking the shock out again.  I never noticed it the first time.  Thanks again!

And thanks to scordiaboy515 for his suggestion to support the bike with jack stands under the footpeg plates.   That worked well for me.

• Like 1