The MT-07 Forum

Installation help Project SC Crt

WeTrolling

I installed my exhaust the other night and it didn't come with gaskets. The installation didn't say to use gaskets but now I'm thinking I should have. What you guys think 

FB_IMG_1603430952468.jpg

• Premium Member

Yes, crush gaskets of some sort are needed to seal the exhaust. Unless that exhuast has some sort of sealing technology I'm not aware of.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, WeTrolling said:

Went ahead and put my gaskets on. They had less then 600 miles on them. 

I got the Project SC CRT exhaust. 

Good luck with them not leaking. Once new crush gaskets are crushed by the factory install they're permanently deformed to mate with that exhaust regardless of how long they were installed. 

You might get lucky with no leaks. but you're just as likely that it will leak. 🤞

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

13 minutes ago, WeTrolling said:

Went ahead and put my gaskets on. They had less then 600 miles on them. 

I got the Project SC CRT exhaust. 

20201022_201332.jpg

dewman is right but if already installed give it a go, if not leaking now there is a good chance the will not leak at all.

great looking exhaust, I have the conical , I like my neighbors more than you do 🤣 jokes aside I would have made the same choice if the crt had an optional db killer 

12 minutes ago, Mad said:

dewman is right but if already installed give it a go, if not leaking now there is a good chance the will not leak at all.

great looking exhaust, I have the conical , I like my neighbors more than you do 🤣 jokes aside I would have made the same choice if the crt had an optional db killer 

Bruh. I honestly did NOT think of how loud this bad boy would be. This thing is MEGA loud. Regrettably LOUD. But I'm going to keep it.

• Premium Member

With the old gaskets all ready installed, I'd give them a try.  

Nice looking exhaust!

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, WeTrolling said:

Yeah no leaks from what I can tell. Just my ear drums regretting this exhaust.

Did you check for leaks with a strip of paper to make sure it doesn't flutter as you move it around the exhaust header?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

14 hours ago, WeTrolling said:

Bruh. I honestly did NOT think of how loud this bad boy would be. This thing is MEGA loud. Regrettably LOUD. But I'm going to keep it.

Hahaha worst case,  get the conical or an other muffler from sc, the rest of tue exhaust should be the same ( I asked them )