The MT-07 Forum

Fan not Engaging HiTemps

TheEhTeam

Hello brothers and sisters,

I seem to have an issue where my fan no longer engages at the temps it is supposed to. Couple weeks ago I was stuck in a two hour traffic jam on a 25c day. Got hi temp warnings a few times. Eventually it couldn't take it anymore and boiled over. Lost most of my coolant. Had to hit up a gas station to top it up to get home. Finished a coolant flush and change. Noticed I couldn't rotate my fan. Appears some debris got caught between the plastic housing preventing it from moving. Hence why it overheated. Cleared it out and ran the bike a few times to get the thermostat going to clear the system of air. Couple days of riding now and I've noticed my fan isn't coming on still. My ride is 98% highway however about 5 minutes of lights and traffic before my house. Got up to 111c and no fan when I parked it in the garage. Prior usually everytime I parked in the garage and kill switched and put the kickstand down the fan would kick in before I turned the key. Haven't heard it since. Thought the fan comes on around 105c. Anyway I could test it?

Also has anyone gone about installing a manual switch while keeping intact the automatic thermostat system in place. Would like a little more control in bad traffic. I've seen a post somewhere else of a guy who has done it with an fz1 but I'd rather not be so invasive as cutting a hole in the fairings.

Thanks for any tips in advance 

Thanks for your replies. My first guess was a fuse and my second was the motor was burnt. However when I checked the fuse box I happened to check the wrong one and didn't see the other one some how. Thought maybe the fuse was inline somewhere. The fuse was definitely blown so I switched it out with a spare. 

Thanks for the efforts and the manual picture to clarify 

• Like 1