The MT-07 Forum

They Fluck me over at the dealer

cassecou

They Fluck me very HARD at the dealer >:D, and I am the darn (French) alien suppose to probe everyone else. What is the world's going to?

After an incredible 4 (that's a big FOUR) VERY long month waiting for my incredible light, fast, mesmerizing, blue graphite FZ-07 Yamaha to be delivered, the dealer here in Pikeville, KY is still giving me the run around. So I went there yesterday and gave him a peace of my mind >:(
I do feel better now :P
I am back to square one, looking for an FZ-07, but with a BIG Ace in my sleeve now, Winter ;).
As I cannot ride, like most of anyone already owning the FZ anyway, I will be shopping for winter prices in my 200 miles radius area, setting myself for an early Spring start.
If you guys see or hear of any FZ-07 (graphite) deals in KY, TN, OH, WV or VA, please let me know.

• Premium Member

Here you go can't get much cheaper than that!

http://m.cycletrader.com/dealers/Westfield-Powersports-2898686/listing/2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-112483714

I looked nation wide wide on cycle trader and this is by far the best price. Might be worth the drive for you? Another member just bought a FZ-07 from them for $6,800 oot the door so now you know.

http://m.cycletrader.com/dealers/Westfield-Powersports-2898686/listing/2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-112483714

I looked nation wide wide on cycle trader and this is by far the best price. Might be worth the drive for you? Another member just bought a FZ-07 from them for $6,800 oot the door so now you know.
Thanks for the input. That price is the best I have seen so far. 

heinens motorsports in mn
I have purchased bikes there before, good people
I was there yesterday and they have 2 red and 1 gray

Guest August BB

Sorry to read about your ordeal with the fz07 purchase. But at least you are highly likely to save a lot of money in the end because of timing.

Keep us posted.

• Premium Member

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise? You have some mad patience!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Alright  belleau1977, I contacted the dealer you suggested in Westfield, IN and the OTD price for the graphite is $6,700. They have done a credit check on me, and I am good to go for a whoppy 72month :o at $110 a month (rofl) at 3.99% (rofl), so a good deal, even so they went from $5700 (advertised), added everything they could + tax to an OTD of $6700 (that's + $1000). That's a lot added to the original price, but the price is still good.
Next door is a Tractor supply store. I called them to hold a 4x6 trailer for me ($450) I will pick up before buying the bike.
Btw, the Yamaha dealer is 5 hours away from my home.
I have a question for those who buy out of state. The dealer is going to charge me the KY 6% tax. I though the purchase of vehicle out of state was tax free, and I would pay the tax at home during registration?

Sorry I can't help you about the tax question but when is this going down?
Friday. Driving there with my best friend and his daughter, to keep me company. 

• Premium Member

In my state (Virginia) if you pay the taxes elsewhere, you just present the proper documentation and won't get charged twice.

Everything went braap.

In my state (Virginia) if you pay the taxes elsewhere, you just present the proper documentation and won't get charged twice.
That's what my friend was thinking. The dealer might be obligated to charge the tax of the owner's home state, as the dealer will send the registration paper work to that state. 

One thing is for sure, even if the temperatures are -20 this weekend, I WILL BE RIDING THAT BIKE. I have been waiting for that for too long, and someone needs to show our Canadian friends we are no sissies in the USA :D, but lucky for me, the temps will be around the 60's 8-)

Competition Accessories in Springfield Ohio had one not to long ago, not sure on the deal they would give though. I paid $7700 OTD back in August.

• Premium Member

Alright  belleau1977, I contacted the dealer you suggested in Westfield, IN and the OTD price for the graphite is $6,700. They have done a credit check on me, and I am good to go for a whoppy 72month :o at $110 a month (rofl) at 3.99% (rofl), so a good deal, even so they went from $5700 (advertised), added everything they could + tax to an OTD of $6700 (that's + $1000). That's a lot added to the original price, but the price is still good.
Next door is a Tractor supply store. I called them to hold a 4x6 trailer for me ($450) I will pick up before buying the bike.
I have a question for those who buy out of state. The dealer is going to charge me the KY 6% tax. I though the purchase of vehicle out of state was tax free, and I would pay the tax at home during registration?

Awesome me glad I could spot a good deal for you! Stay off the ice though winter has finally landed unfortunately.

• Premium Member
It's good to see that you finally got your FZ-07, you've had to wait way too long.
Congrats! You're gonna love it.

Congrats. You will probably enjoy your new 07 even more than your Eddie Lawson repli. WRT taxes, they vary from state to state but your dealer knows how it works and him doing the paperwork is a good thing so you don't have to worry about paying tax twice (e.g: once in Indiana and then again in Kentucky).         Just be careful towing your new baby home on that very little trailer with your hairdresser's car.

Just be careful towing your new baby home on that very little trailer with your hairdresser's car.

The very little trailer made it home alright in one piece and I returned the car to my happy hairdresser O_o

Congrats. Doing the break-in of a new bike in winter times? You got all my respect, me, a canadian who stored my bike in november 5th. ;)

Enjoy all the days left before the weather comes to cold.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

congratsnow ride the hell out of it and tell us about it so we can be jealous I live in mn so lots of snow now, no riding for me   

This weekend has had some beautiful fall weather, temps between 55F and 65F here in KY.
I rode some highways, some back roads and made sure the FZ could hit 100mph, and it did.
Scared a couple of locals by doing some high speed line splinting (:)). So, just enjoying myself and waking up the hooligan in me 8-).

Archived