The MT-07 Forum

Error Code 5d_22

Urickhunt101

I picked up my FZ 07 about a month ago (my first motorcycle) with only 200 miles on it. After getting it home I realized that when I turned the key to the ON position my gauge displayed 5d_22 and the check engine light was on. Despite this, I've been riding it for the past month and have just hit 1000 miles without any issues, but it really bothers me and I  would like to get it taken care of. From what I've read the error is:

intake air temperature: open or short circuit detected

Does anyone know where I should begin troubleshooting? Ive seen a few people say that you should check the wiring under the front tank. I did, but didnt see any loose or disconnected wires. I guess im not sure what specifically i should be looking for or where exactly. If it's of any use here are the aftermarket mods that were done when I purchased it:

Yoshimura r77 exhaust

Power Commander V

Air Intake

Is it going to harm the bike if i continue riding it until i get it figured out? I really appreciate any and all suggestions/feedback.

• Global Moderator

@Urickhunt101, there is a temperature sensor under the tank plastic on the right side of the bike near the front.  It is easy to forget to plug in  (don’t ask me how I know :) ).  I would start by checking it is connected.  You should be able to see the wire with the plastics on if it is unplugged.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

From the service manual, the location and the resistance values to test.

Ed9DDE01EC-8883-49B2-A1E0-976E7B1787CE.thumb.jpeg.eeabdc3f5fa4dc4579a19dbbe037e792.jpeg156EE5FC-1166-4D6F-A9A7-2C33F345B33E.thumb.jpeg.1a2d032f9656ee4c8cf0a0d9423e0644.jpeg

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Global Moderator

Anyone ever seen an accurate ambient air temperature on meter from this sensor? I have only seen ambient temperature plus about 5 degrees (or more, engine heat is affecting accuracy I expect). Never cared either, just mildly curious

Good luck Urich, you will get this straitened out pretty quick I imagine...

I got it guys. Thanks a lot! Much appreciated! What would this have affected? Would it have decreased performance? Could any damage have occured as a result of riding like this for 800+ miles?

Edited by Urickhunt101

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Urickhunt101 said:

I got it guys. Thanks a lot! Much appreciated! What would this have affected? Would it have decreased performance? Could any damage have occured as a result of riding like this for 800+ miles?

The intake air sensor helps the computer adjust the fuel mixture. In a failed condition, they typically run at a preset richer condition. You’d probably notice a drop in fuel mileage if anything.  

Make sure it’s plugged in first, inspect the wires for cuts or breaks.  If you have digital volt meter you can test it as per the manual.

Ed 

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"