The MT-07 Forum

I'm thinking 250ml/8.8oz is not nearly enough brake fluid....

DewMan

• Premium Member

...for a Spiedgler ABS Front & Rear brake line set installation.

My brake line kit came with a free 250ml/8.8oz bottle of DOT4 which I believe to be drastically  short of the amount needed to do a proper fill and bleed. Especially if you have issues getting those last pesky air bubbles out and you're using a pneumatic bleeder.

Am I correct in my assumption? 

Would 500ml be more than enough? Since it's best practice to only use new fluid from a new sealed bottle, I want to make sure I have enough but not so much that I end up wasting half a large bottle. I guess I could buy numerous smaller bottles to minimize waste, but the larger bottles are usually much more economical.

It's been 30 years since my last brake line replacement job and I wasn't paying attention back then to how much i was using since I didn't pay for the fluid.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, DewMan said:

...for a Spiedgler ABS Front & Rear brake line set installation.

My brake line kit came with a free 250ml/8.8oz bottle of DOT4 which I believe to be drastically  short of the amount needed to do a proper fill and bleed. Especially if you have issues getting those last pesky air bubbles out and you're using a pneumatic bleeder.

Am I correct in my assumption? 

Would 500ml be more than enough? Since it's best practice to only use new fluid from a new sealed bottle, I want to make sure I have enough but not so much that I end up wasting half a large bottle. I guess I could buy numerous smaller bottles to minimize waste, but the larger bottles are usually much more economical.

It's been 30 years since my last brake line replacement job and I wasn't paying attention back then to how much i was using since I didn't pay for the fluid.

DewMan, I changed my lines, front and rear (non-ABS) filled and bled the system a few times with an 8oz bottle, you should have plenty. 

Ed

• Thanks 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"