The MT-07 Forum

Black Friday sales?

maalna2

Oh, they have all kinds of sales. And they are all usually BS. They lower the msrp, and bump up the DOC fee as you are signing the paperwork.

Best bet, if you live in a state that gets snow is to walk in on a very snowy weekday in January, when the place is dead and the sales reps are nervous about paying rent.

That is when you get the best deal on a Motorcyle. Walk in and tell them what you will pay, and tell em no Doc fee, no frieght, no baloney.

If the dealership is busy with people in there buying, walk out.

I wish we got snow here. Does ice count? Haha. I am thinking of just going in and telling what I am willing to pay for OTD price. And see if they are willing to take it.

In fact, Buffalo would be a great place to buy a bike right now.
Assuming we can even get to the dealer before the snow melts. It's raining right now so it's starting to melt all the snow and a ton of us are still blocked in our house. Its a shame I already bought my bike in August. I bet I could having gotten a good deal.

I wish we got snow here. Does ice count? Haha. I am thinking of just going in and telling what I am willing to pay for OTD price. And see if they are willing to take it.
Yes, the more ice or snow the better :D I think it works in inches, for every inches "up" of snow (or ice), you can go an inch "down"  in $10 bill stack ;)

Yes, the more ice or snow the better :D I think it works in inches, for every inches "up" of snow (or ice), you can go an inch "down"  in $10 bill stack ;).
If thats the case we has 67 inches of snow. I think the dealer should be paying me to take the bike then. ;)

OTD price is the way to deal. Don't worry about doc fees, freight, set up, and other nonsense. Just stick to haggling on an OTD price. Let them write it up however they want. They have their own corporate internal demands. And all you care about is the OTD price anyway.

LIving in SoCal, it never occurred to me what dealers do during the winter. Sell snowmobiles and quads I guess.

• Global Moderator

Waiting until near the end of the month can be helpful too. They will be looking to try and get their commission up for the month, especially in a slow month.

Archived