The MT-07 Forum

Purchase Advice - Black Widow Exhaust: 200mm or 230mm cans?

Evanlamarr88

Should I get this one or this one? I'm gonna get the carbon w/ the blue tip. Trying to find the right balance btwn looks and sound. Just curious if anyone has any preferences either way.

Those are both very short. The difference between 200 and 230 is a tick over 10% difference. I doubt you'd ever be able to tell a sound difference between the two since cans that short are gonna be very loud. So I reckon go with what you think looks best. 

• Like 1

I had the 230mm one, I had to sell it as it was way too noisy for me, hate to think what the 200mm one is like.

But if I was 18 again I’d probably think it was great.

• Like 1

I went 300mm Tri oval, very happy with it but I run it will baffle in. It's just too loud for me without it.

I've seen a couple other YT videos and posts about the 200/230mm being really loud even w/ baffle.

I've got the 300 mm oval with carbon tip and it's perfect with the baffle in. I took out the baffle the other day for the first time and it's not super loud but I'll probably end up putting it back in before long. Go with a 300mm would be my advice.

21 hours ago, Sped105 said:

I've got the 300 mm oval with carbon tip and it's perfect with the baffle in. I took out the baffle the other day for the first time and it's not super loud but I'll probably end up putting it back in before long. Go with a 300mm would be my advice.

I appreciate it but I’ve already returned my LeoVince Underbody for being too quiet, so I’m sure I don’t want to go with a 300mm. I just rode with someone who had the M4 slip-on, with the baffle out, which is regarded as being insanely loud, and it was right about where I would want mine.