The MT-07 Forum

Affordable GoPro

Kyle929

What GoPro do you all recommend for the track? Not looking for the latest and greatest, just functional and clear. I have an original GoPro so anything newer will be a huge improvement. Just curious as to which generation you chose and why

Thanks

I still use a GoPro3, just because it was given to me as a used item. I use it for 1080 footage on the track, no image stabilization but it's fine.

If I was going to upgrade I would simply buy a used GoPro a couple of generations old, bargain. Just buy whatever fits your budget.

• Like 1

I picked up a refurbished ( I think it means they just popped in a new battery) for $40 off eBay. It came with tons of mounting options and cables. 

For forty bucks I'm fine if it dies in a couple years. 

3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I picked up a refurbished ( I think it means they just popped in a new battery) for $40 off eBay. It came with tons of mounting options and cables. 

For forty bucks I'm fine if it dies in a couple years. 

Oh wow. That's a crazy deal! I'll look into that 

22 hours ago, stickshift said:

I still use a GoPro3, just because it was given to me as a used item. I use it for 1080 footage on the track, no image stabilization but it's fine.

If I was going to upgrade I would simply buy a used GoPro a couple of generations old, bargain. Just buy whatever fits your budget.

Good to know. That sounds like it would be just fine for my needs. Thanks 

I use the go pro hero 4 silver daily on my chin mount. The lcd screen is clutch. The quality is there and for the price it is quite the bang for the buck. Also recommend the 4 too as if you want to add a mic or battery eliminator, you don't need to purchase another dongle for it to work whereas the 5 and up do require one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoombaDeluxe said:

I use the go pro hero 4 silver daily on my chin mount. The lcd screen is clutch. The quality is there and for the price it is quite the bang for the buck. Also recommend the 4 too as if you want to add a mic or battery eliminator, you don't need to purchase another dongle for it to work whereas the 5 and up do require one.

Good info! Yeah, the screen would be a huge upgrade. On mine I have to guess where it's aimed and hope the footage turns out ok. I have several track sessions pointed a the ground lol 

• Like 1