The MT-07 Forum

Vinyl wrap!?

Jessg562

What’s up guys, I have a 2019 Mt 07. 
all black, I’ve seen people wrap their wheels and forks with gold wrap. Anyone know where to get it or what I should look into?! I prefer to wrap my wheels than to paint them myself.

Edited by Jessg562

• 2 weeks later...

You can get vinyl wrap on Amazon. I can see maybe doing the lower forks but not the wheels. I did some interior car parts and curves can be tricky so I can't imagine doing a whole wheel with spokes. Now I've seen plasi dip on rims that hold up pretty good. And if you screw up, you can just peel it off. LOL

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Anthracite-Air-Release-Including-Toolkit/dp/B01N3M7BIN/ref=sr_1_11?crid=1YM46SXA1JW6N&dchild=1&keywords=3m+vinyl+wrap&qid=1601985690&sprefix=3M+vin%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-11

• Like 2

I wrapped my plastics and it is not easy. Ide go as far as to say wrapping wheels is going to be near impossible 

Most sign shops have the material.  Good stuff too, no fake 3M, which happened to me when I ordered some material on ebay.   They had the 3M number on it, but it wasn't 3M or even remotely close to the quality.   I sell cam chain tensioners and have my local shop printing my stickers and have had them do helmet and some bike graphics too.  I design the stuff and they print it off.

A good shop will likely be able to either give some advice or actually wrap the wheels at a price.  You could also strip the wheels then spray them with a gold candy color or even a gold flake.   Heck, you could get gold metal flake paint at Autozone or the like.  A couple cans and you have gold wheels.  Strip them, prime them, then paint them.  That's what I'd recommend.  You can always touch up paint damage, but it's hard to touch up wraps or powder coat and still look good.