The MT-07 Forum

Weatherproof electrical connector plugs?

DewMan

• Premium Member

I'm about to be wiring up some new toys on my bike and want to use connectors better than non-sealed  spade/bullet connectors while still making some of the  connections modular.

Some of connections will be soldered & shrink wrapped but other will be modular to allow for easier future upgrades/removal. I'll be primarily using 2 & 3 wire connectors. 

I've got the equipment to crimp computer style connectors but they're not suitable for the voltages used in M/C electrical systems obviously as well as the lack of weatherproofing.

From what I've found so far I'd prefer the  Sumitomo MT connectors but I can't seem to find a starter kit anywhere that might make them a bit more economical.

Anyone have an good source for Sumitomo MT style connectors/kit or know of a good quality alternative and/or recommended  ratcheting crimpers for this style connector?

Thanks for any helpful information.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Pursuvant said:

I got some stuff here recently...

Sumitomo - HM Sealed(Mounting Bracket type)...

I checked there and they actually have a small kit  for just over $60 that I may be getting if I can't find anything better.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
On 9/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, twf said:

I did end up going with Delphi weather pack connector kit. The Delphi connectors are highly rated for their quality, dependability and ease of install. I ordered the WP-405 kit. It's more connectors than I need but you never know when you might need to do some wiring on your vehicles. 

Thanks to everyone who responded. It's most appreciated.👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1 hour ago, Mad said:

AliExpress is a phenomenal place for good quality electronic components: 

that looks good 

I've been using these for Few years and they are real nice. Much more compact compared to weatherpacks at a fraction of the price. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I've been using these for Few years and they are real nice. Much more compact compared to weatherpacks at a fraction of the price. 

I looked long and hard at those as well, but read a lot about hit or miss quality and didn't want to risk installing a bad one. I decided I'd rather spend a bit more and have a lower risk of having to redo any work. If money was more of a factor I would have gone with those.✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.