The MT-07 Forum

New MT-07 2021

Andrei

I have seen nothing. Announcements usually arrive with the Italian bike show EICMA in November. The show will not happen, presumably,  but announcements might. I would be surprised if it involved more than colour changes. 

• Like 1

Just do it! 

Most likely color changes. Big updates usually get lots of lead time attention. 

Though wasn't it a year or so ago something was floating around about a turbo'd 07? 

• 2 weeks later...

Euro5 comes in January 2021. I wonder if we might see a shift-cam engine like they have on their 125. 

Just do it! 

I bet that we will have news during the first week of November!

I'm thinking new led headlight, led indicators, new display, surely the new exhaust.

no ride by wire and modes/ traction control.

I hope slipper clutch (but I don't think so)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Mad said:

I bet that we will have news during the first week of November!

I'm thinking new led headlight, led indicators, new display, surely the new exhaust.

no ride by wire and modes/ traction control.

I hope slipper clutch (but I don't think so)

As nice as all that would be, I think they would increase the price more than we'd like. 

I agree about the slipper likelyhood. Not sure how much an OEM slipper clutch costs, but I know that an aftermarket slipper is a steep USD $1,000. If it adds anywhere near that much to the current price, the MT-07 would be in a whole other price point where the competition is steeper. Not worth it unless you're going to be tracking it IMO.

LEDs would add little to the price though. It shouldn't be that hard/expensive to design a head light that allows you to actually see at night. 👍

Ride by wire/traction controls isn't expensive to manufacture either but they usually reserve that kind of functionality for their higher end bikes. Which I find very annoying. I would love the MT-07 to have TBW so we could have cruise control for those long highway slogs. It annoys me that even though all the street triples have throttle by wire, only the top end model enables cruise control. It's a cash grab. Not that the auto industry is any better. Want cruise control? it's part of the $3,000  package of other stuff you don't want/need. 😐

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

what make me believe the 2021 wil have all leds it's that the 07 is the last non led in the family. 

they can do a LOT of cheap improvement but making a 07 too good will just add to the 09 competition..

Edited by Mad

I agree with a slipper clutch even though I never rode a bike with one. LEDs would be nice, I upgraded all of mine to LEDs. Part of me hope they keep the ugly turn signals even though I removed them. It has been a running joke for so long. 😜

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Devilman said:

I agree with a slipper clutch even though I never rode a bike with one. LEDs would be nice, I upgraded all of mine to LEDs. Part of me hope they keep the ugly turn signals even though I removed them. It has been a running joke for so long. 😜

*Derailment in progress*

I agree the "giant pumpkins" are looking a little dated these days especially on the modern looking 07s. They're definitely not one of the things that give it style points.

I've done 30+ "Mods" to my '17 ABS 07, But replacing the OEM blinkers hasn't been one of them yet. I have replaced the lacking filament bulbs with much bright  LEDs though. With LED bulbs they're definitely noticed better than most of the aftermarkets can claim to be just due to the larger lens area of the OEMs.

I'm not a fan of replacing the stock ones with smaller ones which will, IMO, be harder to get noticed. I've not found aftermarkets that are of similar size that are more "stylish" but still brighter than the OEMs with LED bulbs.  

If anyone knows of any I'd love to consider them for my next "mod". 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

5 hours ago, DewMan said:

I'm not a fan of replacing the stock ones with smaller ones which will, IMO, be harder to get noticed. I've not found aftermarkets that are of similar size that are more "stylish" but still brighter than the OEMs with LED bulbs.  

If anyone knows of any I'd love to consider them for my next "mod". 

What about fitting some euro market clear lenses?

Straight up fit, look better and same visibility to traffic.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, stickshift said:

What about fitting some euro market clear lenses?

Straight up fit, look better and same visibility to traffic.

Thanks for the suggestion. 👍

I've looked at those previously.

"Look better" is subjective. I'm not sold on them being better looking. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Don’t be fooled by the size of the oem turn signals, they are less visible than good led ones, just because the difference il lumens it’s pretty noticeable (and  in my opinion orange  lenses provide less contrast between on and off than clear) 

On 10/2/2020 at 4:01 PM, Pursuvant said:

Wow hope they use spy foto in new 2021 sales brochure, that picnic basket on back screams "buy me" or "eat me" or something

Maybe they're going for the KLR rider that wants to upscale from the milk crate...

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

Marketing couldn't agree with engineering on which ladder accessories, so they went with "fuel  can in da basket" seat

58218.thumb.jpg.8fdacecdcb32e3576e371324914638f9.jpg58220.jpg.daff26d4cc27801a2f047ba54e28310e.jpg

• Global Moderator

Or is that first pic from the new Elon Musk autopilot?

Edited by Pursuvant
spelling horribla