The MT-07 Forum

IXIL Hyperlow

Mancitygoal

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an exhaust for my Fz07, I have heard many exhaust sounds on Youtube but its not the same as hearing in person . So far I like the IXIL Hyperlow as shown here below. Im looking for a Low G sound, low pitch, and nothing to blow my ear drums when riding at high speeds. I dont want to scare people away or go deaf, just something thats sounds deep but not to loud.  I have read that IXIL sounds tend to be super loud any one has had experience. All reccomendations are welcome. Hoping everyone is having an enjoyable day. 

Also do you need a fuel commander when adding an after market exhaust?

Edited by Mancitygoal

Some aftermarket exhausts state that you need to tune the bike afterwards, some say you don't. Check out each manufacturers recommendation individually. 

These bikes run very clean in stock form. Not dangerously lean, but very clean. I love that. None of my gear ever smells like exhaust anymore. You only need to add more fuel to the mixture if you are moving more air through the engine. Since none of the aftermarket exhausts can prove that they add substantial hp increases ( maybe 3-4 hp, but that basically falls within the accuracy abilities of a dyno) one could think that a bike doesn't necessarily NEED to be tuned afterwards. 

The system I chose claimed it required no additional tuning. 20,000 trouble free miles later, I completely agree. 

Best to continue your own research and make your own decision. Good luck!