The MT-07 Forum

Searching for a deep exaught

Mancitygoal

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an exhaust for my Fz07, I have heard many exhaust sounds on Youtube but its not the same as hearing in person . So far I like the IXIL Hyperlow as shown here below. Im looking for a Low G sound, low pitch, and nothing to blow my ear drums when riding at high speeds. I dont want to scare people away or go deaf, just something thats sounds deep but not to loud.  I have read that IXIL sounds tend to be super loud any one has had experience. All reccomendations are welcome. Hoping everyone is having an enjoyable day.

Edited by Mancitygoal

• Premium Member

This video is the closest I've heard to what I hear on my FZ-07 with an Akra Ti. 

Good luck finding what you're looking for. This may be what you're looking for.

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

4 minutes ago, DewMan said:

This video is the closest I've heard to what I hear on my FZ-07 with an Akra Ti. 

Good luck finding what you're looking for. This may be what you're looking for.

Thank you for posting, it sounds nice but I just prefer something with a lower pitch.

Very happy with my Arrow X Kone. In real life it sounds exactly like this video ( use earbuds).  Sans baffle, it really thumps you in the chest. 

For clarity,

Avec DBK= With DB killer ( or baffle)

Sans DBK= W/o DB Killer

Edited by shinyribs

Akra TI without the baffle is about the best you can get. It’s what I have, so yeah I’m not partial 😉  

No YouTube videos can reproduce the sound without proper mic’s and then you have your speakers and what they sound like. 

For the really low stuff you need a Harley. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mancitygoal said:

I have read that IXIL sounds tend to be super loud any one has had experience.

Any exhaust looking like that (no room for substantial muffling) will be RUDE loud.  That might be ok for you and your ears  (and your  neighbors), or it might not.

You really need to weigh up what the acceptable noise levels are to you before deciding on a muffler.

If you haven't seen or heard a Two Brothers exhaust, I'd check them out. It's a deep rumble, not that far away from what a Harley sounds like. If you go that route, I would recommend getting their dB killer. After the exhaust breaks in, it is almost obnoxiously loud. Ear plugs will make a small difference in helping with what you hear inside the helmet.

I researched for a while even before I bought my bike. Like said above, speakers don't capture the true sound, so if you have the chance to actually hear an exhaust that interests you in person, then you should definitely do that for a better feel for the exhaust.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go. 

div widget

^ for some reason this is appearing in the comment box and I can't delete it. Sorry.

Harley's maintain a deep note at all speeds because they never turn many rpms. That keeps the frequency of the exhaust pulses low. 

Our bikes have the blessed ability to both lug super low and scream at 10k rpm with ease. That's awesome. Be proud of that high rpm shriek when it comes out ;)

If all you want is to sound like a Harley, get a Harley. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, watarski said:

Graves!  Better than the Austin Racing on my KTM 890 actually.

I really like my graves, too! I have nothing in person to really compare it, too, but even without the baffle, it's not too bad.

2 hours ago, 7fold said:

I really like my graves, too! I have nothing in person to really compare it, too, but even without the baffle, it's not too bad.

Couldn't agree more.  Took the baffle out immediately.  It's not cheap, but the fit/finish, and absolutely the sound is IMO spot on.

I have the Aka Ti with the baffle in and its nice. Without the baffle my ears hurt. Friend has the two brothers exhaust and that sound nice riding next to him. I do like the slick look of the Aka Ti