The MT-07 Forum

Looking for advice on led turn signals

Viper

Hey guys new to the forum. I have a question about my signals. The rear signals started to split and sag which I assume is common, finally giving me motivation and an excuse to buy a fender eliminator kit. I purchased the dmp led kit open box from revzilla (might be my problem there.) I believe I wired it up correctly black/ground to black/ground and yellow/positive to red/positive. I had to splice the old female connector end off of the old fender but none of my signals are working correctly. The one I spliced stays on solid but the other is out completely. I bought a led relay and haven't installed it yet. My question is, is that necessary?  Also do I need to replace my front signals to make it work too? I plan to do this anyway eventually to match them but for now I just need the rear to look better. Any advice helps and I appreciate your time! Ride safe guys!

I bought the TST integrated rear light. Plug and play, also buy the signal relay for LEDs and you will not have any issues with the rear or front LEDs. Literally plug and play and easy to do. 

The TST MECH-GTR turn signal is a high-quality upgrade available to for the Yamaha FZ / MT line. Get personalized...

Combine your 2018+ MT-07 brake / running light and turn signals into one unit with the TST LED Integrated Tail...

• Global Moderator

@Viper, the relay will just make the signals flash at the correct rate.  If you replace the signals and keep the stock relay they will flash very fast (which may be illegal depending where you live).  As for your problem, if you have double checked all your wiring I unfortunately do not have an answer.  Hopefully someone here can help. 

Ugh yeah I just bought more wires connectors and even a different brand led signals and still the same outcome. I'm at my wits end! Considering the integrated light though looks enticing. I've got to figure something out soon. No signals are illegal here and riding season is almost over!

Edited by Viper

On 9/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, Devilman said:

I bought the TST integrated rear light. Plug and play, also buy the signal relay for LEDs and you will not have any issues with the rear or front LEDs. Literally plug and play and easy to do. 

The TST MECH-GTR turn signal is a high-quality upgrade available to for the Yamaha FZ / MT line. Get personalized...

Combine your 2018+ MT-07 brake / running light and turn signals into one unit with the TST LED Integrated Tail...

Gonna have my friend come over and take a look but if all else fails I'm gonna look into this. Thanks for the link!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
20 minutes ago, scat2me said:

Are there led bulbs that can be used to replace the stock turn signal bulbs?

Yes, That's what I did. see this thread for details and link to the bulbs I used. they're nothing special. compatible bulbs can be found in any autoparts store.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.