The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar Vibrations solutions

scat2me

Since getting the FZ07 I have been dealing with hand and wrist problems from Vibrations. I have changed the Bars to pro taper adventure 1 1/8 and have changed the grips to Pro Grip 714 Dual Sport Grips. I have bar ends and really good gloves. Still with all that the numbness continues. I grip lightly and keep my wrist in a comfortable position. I saw a You tube video where the rider filled his bars with BBS and he says it reduced the vibration by 90%. The theory being that the bars are more solid. I was wondering if filling the bars with expanding foam would create the same effect and reduce the vibration. Doe anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Silicone sealant is used, I believe (don't know what BBS is). Have you considered grip puppies? They help a bit. 

Just do it! 

Ah, BBs! Thank you. I reckon a combination of BBs and silicone sealant would work a treat (no guarantees from me tho). Might be messy too...

Edited by robbo10

Just do it! 

There is some reading of experiences here with silicone, in case it helps.

meta_image.png

Fill Bars With Silicone - posted in All About TDM: I've read a few threads on this and it looks like it could be a fix for my bars / mirrors vibrating on the motorway. Question is how do you fill them and...

Just do it! 

Around 16-18k miles my bike started developing a buzziness it didn't have when new. 

Things like aftermarket exhausts and ProTaper bars ( both are on my bike) can cause vibes/buzziness, but the small amount of buzz they created was minimal. But my buzziness had gotten to the point where I was considering putting the bike back stock since it was getting annoying. 

Duke 690 guys swear by "relaxing" the chassis, which means you slack off all the bolts that mount the engine to the frame, then retighten. I recently did this and it helped. 

With ProTaper bars, aftermarket exhaust and practically locked out bar mount bushings my bike still has an expected amount of buzziness, but it's now back to normal after relaxing the chassis. It really did work and I was surprised how much some of the mounts shifted! 

• Like 1

I'm only getting the vibration in the bars.  It was the same with the stock bars and the same with the demo bike I rode from the dealer. The Grips have helped somewhat.

• Premium Member

I have ZERO experience with controlling "buzziness".... I recently added some "weighted" bar-end sliders to my track-only FZ-07. I'm hoping that helps my hand numbness that I get after about 15 minutes on-track. I also recently added Woodcraft weighted bar-end sliders to my "street" R3. It seemed to help out quite a bit. If the R&G weighted bar-end sliders don't help on the FZ-07, I'll probably add the BB's as  @scat2me suggested..... That seems like it would work- 😎

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member

After swapping out bars and rear-sets I was having trouble finding the right posture as after a couple hours I was getting a really sore elbow joint and hand numbness. I fiddled around making minor mechanical adjustments and threw on some foamy 'grip puppies'.  Being a new rider Ive also been working on relaxing my position, limbs etc.  Cant say if it was one specific thing or perhaps even all but the issues are gone.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I was getting a numb right hand only. Turns out the glove was tight, as I’m right handed that hand is larger. Also, a slight bar angle change as well. No more numbness. 

Are your wheels balanced? My front wheel lost a lead weight and threw it out of balance. Vibrations were bad over 80kmh.

Try heavy bar end weights to help with the vibration if comming from the engine.