The MT-07 Forum

Rough idle after ECU flash

Jacob strickland

Jacob strickland

Bike  has a Two Bros exhaust and a Dyna stage 2 filter. Reinstalled my ECU after getting it flashed and now the bike runs rough on idle and low rpm's, also makes a weird sort of "tick" sound. Bike also pops still on decel.  Anyone have any ideas? 

logo-1200-630.jpg?2

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edited by Jacob strickland

Just now, Jacob strickland said:

plug it in? what do you mean. are you saying it could not be plugged in?

If you had it apart to r&r the ecu there's a good chance you or someone that helped you forgot to plug the sensor back in if unplugged. It sounds like mine does when that sensor is unplugged. If you had the fuel tank removed you certainly had the sensor unplugged.

Studio_20200913_212839.thumb.jpg.4b45cfdafa1f6d1c77582686f48ed8dd.jpg

• Like 1

Jacob strickland

yeah i never had the fuel tank off, it could have gotten unplugged somehow, i will see if i can find it and check things out. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/13/2020 at 7:52 PM, Jacob strickland said:

Bike  has a Two Bros exhaust and a Dyna stage 2 filter. Reinstalled my ECU after getting it flashed and now the bike runs rough on idle and low rpm's, also makes a weird sort of "tick" sound. Bike also pops still on decel.  Anyone have any ideas? 

logo-1200-630.jpg?2

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

ECU Flashing is major science, requiring know-how, equipment,  and needed facts about the systems and the vehicle. The way your moto is acting suggests you need to get you money back and find someone who knows what they are doing. The days of twisting needle valves are over.