The MT-07 Forum

Dash mileage issue

br4nd0n

I'm slightly hesitant about posting this as it could be used in a nefarious way, but thought I should let others know my experience and see if anyone could shed some light on the subject. So please do not abuse this knowledge if does turn out to be true.

I've been slowly modifying my motorcycle over a long period of time and have taken the dash off, but never put it back on as I still have no mounting point for it yet. During this time, I've ridden it around private property many times and practiced some slow speed skills until I get it street legal again. The problem is, when I plugged the dash back in, it doesn't seem to have recorded any of the mileage during this time. I'm pretty sure I've at least done a few miles or more, but it seems to stay the same. I would have thought the ECU is where it stores this information, but it may actually be in the dash itself, which seems stupid to me. That or I really haven't ridden at least 1 mile yet, but this is highly unlikely with the amount of times I've ridden it since then.

• Like 1

I don't think there is a single vehicle that stores mileage in the ECU.  It's a part that may  malfunction and need replaced and there goes the mileage.

Of course some here have replaced the cluster and boom new bike no mileage.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Global Moderator
12 hours ago, br4nd0n said:

I'm slightly hesitant about posting this as it could be used in a nefarious way

Br4, your character speaks volumes about you. Simply be the man you are, the man you are growing into, and when the time comes that something needs to be said, the words will come to you without any need of thinking about it ahead of time. It's just the way decency and honor work in the world

• Like 1

17 hours ago, peteinpa said:

I don't think there is a single vehicle that stores mileage in the ECU.  It's a part that may  malfunction and need replaced and there goes the mileage.

Of course some here have replaced the cluster and boom new bike no mileage.

Actually most cars do. If you put new cluster you have to take it to dealer to set milage. I went through this with my MB.