The MT-07 Forum

Got a FJ09!

peteinpa

Made a lateral move over to the FJ09 forum.  Traded my ST1300 and FZ07 for a FJ09!

So I'm next door-> over there.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Made a lateral move over to the FJ09 forum.  Traded my ST1300 and FZ07 for a FJ09!

Traitor!!

😁

You'll have to let us know how you compare the 09 to the 07 after you get some miles in. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I can tell you now. Its 1 hour 1 way to the dealer over 2 mtn's with lots of curves. FJ handles corners great!

FJ is a great bike! I'm 6ft 2 in. and large.  I was always a bit wadded up on the FZ07. FJ will work to replace 2 bikes. Suspension is worlds ahead of FZ, of course the power is off the charts, love the room, my first ABS/TCS bike, that's wild.

Sadly, no more Honda. I've ALWAYS had from 1 to 3 Hondas since 83. No more.

Honda seems to have lost their way.

I will be getting a 2WDW flash though. the on, off fueling, while not bad, can be improved.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Suspension is worlds ahead of FZ...

Congratulations. Is that factory stock FJ-09 compared to factory stock FZ-07? What year is the FJ?

• Global Moderator
12 hours ago, peteinpa said:

If you don’t post a picture we will not believe it happened ;) .

• Like 1

FJ is a used 2015 with only 1100 miles. it's like brand new!  Only 1 flaw, a tiny scratch on the plastic tank.

Just out at night, LED headlights are awesome! You can adjust both low and high separately (left is low beam, right is high beam along with low on same time) each has it's own star adjuster you can fiddle with while riding.

On my Fz07 I had a K-tech rear shock and heavier fork springs with thicker oil and the FJ09 is still way better stock.

Trade that FZ and FJR...You won't be sorry.

• Like 1

I had a quick spin on one a while back, nice machine. I especially liked the slipper clutch.

The 07 and the FJ's missions are quite different, both are good in specific types of riding.

I disagree, they're both street bikes, at least that's what I use them for.

Fj is much more comfortable for me.

Happy for you, man! I put a decent amount of thought into getting an FJ09 before I pulled the trigger on my MT-07, as they can be had for about the same cost. However, I opted for the MT-07 as "cruising" wasn't really what I was looking for. Is the FJ09 as fun as the MT07? As nimble and quick? Any downsides to the FJ09 coming from the MT-07?

I think the FJ is more of a sport bike than the FZ.

FJ is as or more nimble, far more engine performance, bigger gas tank, (always bothered me on the FZ), I now have ABS/TCS, better wind protection, more comfort and room, better instruments, (still have to figure out all it can do) right now I can't think of a downside.

Yes, I'm happy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peteinpa said:

I think the FJ is more of a sport bike than the FZ.

FJ is as or more nimble, far more engine performance, bigger gas tank, (always bothered me on the FZ), I now have ABS/TCS, better wind protection, more comfort and room, better instruments, (still have to figure out all it can do) right now I can't think of a downside.

Yes, I'm happy!

Well now I'm disappointed lol seriously happy for you man