The MT-07 Forum

2016 fz07 mods help

cboogie98

Hey guys, so I've finally gotten the funds to throw on a full carbon Akra, kn air filter, and hopefully a tune. I haven't decided yet on the tune but right now my main choice is 2wdw flash... only bc I feel like you get more than just fuel delivery adjustments than my 2nd choice ... or the second choice EJK.... since I plan on keeping my fz forever I really don't mind pricing. is there anybody that's running the Akra carbon, kn air filter, and a flash from 2wdw? if so what's the difference you feel? any feedback is great. thanks a lot guys. 

• Premium Member

IMO EJK is the option if you want/like to fiddle with with your bike. 2WDW is the option you choose if you just want to set it and forget it.

With EJK you'll need to fiddle with it  to get it set up properly  and again if you make any new changes to your engine/exhaust/filter or intake. You hope you can find a proper map (that may or may not be properly optimized)  or spend lots of time working out your own maps to use and spend $$ dyno testing your changes to verify you're running best.

Once you get flashed with 2WDW you get free reflashes as long as you own the bike, for the cost of return shipping,  as needed in the case you want to replace your intake/filter with  a horpower intakee as an example. All of 2WDW's flashes are dyno tested so you know they'll work well.

Not trying to talk you out of EJK but it's not usually as simple as hooking up the wires and pushing a map you download off the internet. If you really want to learn the ins and outs of fuel maps  etc then  by all means go for it. 👍

For my personality I'd rather have a professional take care of that so I can spend more time riding and installing other mods.  ✌️

Disclaimer: I've never used EJK but if you search the term EJK here in the forums you'll see the good and bad of getting them to work.  I do have my ECU flashed by 2WDW and just sent it in for a reflash since I'm installing a new intake/filter.

Good luck with whichever direction you choose. 🙂

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

@DewMan, thanks for the input, im actually trying to order from 2wdw but I guess their website is down (perfect timing).

also what filter and intake are you running? I wish I done my research on k&n for the fz seeing that its not soo great compared to dna.....

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, cboogie98 said:

@DewMan, thanks for the input, im actually trying to order from 2wdw but I guess their website is down (perfect timing).

also what filter and intake are you running? I wish I done my research on k&n for the fz seeing that its not soo great compared to dna.....

Holler @2wheeldynoworks here. They'll hook you up. 

I'm installing the hordpower intake/filter.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

2wheeldynoworks
49 minutes ago, cboogie98 said:

We are currently in the process of overhauling our website after a massive malware infection crippled it over the holiday weekend. We're happy to process your order via email! Send an email to us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com and we'll get everything taken care of for you.

-2WDW

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

We are currently in the process of overhauling our website after a massive malware infection crippled it over the holiday weekend. We're happy to process your order via email! Send an email to us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com and we'll get everything taken care of for you.

-2WDW

I'll be needing you boys to do some work for me soon, another airbox mod. @2wheeldynoworks