Sign in to follow this  
GaiusDJesse

Aligning tire problem

GaiusDJesse
I messed up and need help. I was adjusting the chain slack and I can't get the lines on both sides of the wheel to be equal. The left side is at about 4.5 lines and the right side is at 7 lines and keeps going higher as I tighten it. I tried loosening both sides but that didn't help either. I don't have a rear stand so I'm doing it all on the side stand.

rmdet
I used the side stand too, and the nut adjustments didn't always readily move wheel when fine tuning. Had to kick (or pull) the rear wheel from behind after a few changes so the axle would move (since it wasn't in a floating position). Also, I kept it in neutral - not sure if that was helpful or not but it all ended up Ok - just took a while for me to fiddle with it before I got them evened out again.

Actually, I don't think I ever pulled it, I just had to hit it forward a few times when I loosened it.

GaiusDJesse
I tried moving it around but it didn't work very well for me. I'll try again later, I'm also going to try to use a jack to lift it.