The MT-07 Forum

Virgin Build

WeTrolling

Hey guys, Virgin here. Never owned a bike, barely rode but maybe twice in my life and well...

On Saturday I just went and bought a bike, because why not? 

I had 0 riding experience and had to drive through flooded waters so it's been a blast already!

Id love to upload the pictures but it won't let me :(

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, WeTrolling said:
xneREwX.jpg?fb

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here we go

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new bike. Sign up for a basic riders course, you will learn lots of good information. 

Ed

• Like 4

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

31 minutes ago, Evill_Ed said:

Ed

And life savings skills that actually work and make riding more safe and enjoyable.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, mossrider said:

And life savings skills that actually work and make riding more safe and enjoyable.

Si

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• 2 weeks later...

-MSF safety course this Saturday and Sunday

-TST Tail Tiddy and lights installed

-TST sliders on living room floor waiting to be installed

-Cardo Packtalk on Helmet

-LCD flip and blue LCD screen on way

-R6 throttle tube on the way

-Carbonsmith on the way

-Peoject SC CRT on the way

-Wife conviction for murder on the way

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeTrolling said:

-MSF safety course this Saturday and Sunday

-TST Tail Tiddy and lights installed

-TST sliders on living room floor waiting to be installed

-Cardo Packtalk on Helmet

-LCD flip and blue LCD screen on way

-R6 throttle tube on the way

-Carbonsmith on the way

-Peoject SC CRT on the way

-Wife conviction for murder on the way

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Use the old, 'the internet made me do it' defense...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got my TST tail on. Check.

Got the CRT exhaust on. It's LOUD. It's beyond LOUD. I have to wear earplugs when riding now. 

Got the carbonsmith filter in, have no installed yet. Still need the tune before in do.

I'm legit regretting my exhaust LOL

20201022_201332.jpg

If money is not an option, go with the Akrapovic Ti. I love mine, a little louder than stock. I removed the baffle for a few months but reinstalled it because it was too loud for everyday riding. But it did sound mean.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

Way to go. Now keep going with the training. Become the best and safest rider you know

Edited by Pursuvant
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator

You might consider waiting a few months before installing the R6 throttle tube.  I like the tube but am glad I did not install it right away as I accidentally added more throttle than I intended with the stock tube while I was getting used to the bike (I had not ridden for a couple of decades before buying my bike so I was basically a new rider).  Just my $0.02 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

You might consider waiting a few months before installing the R6 throttle tube.  I like the tube but am glad I did not install it right away as I accidentally added more throttle than I intended with the stock tube while I was getting used to the bike (I had not ridden for a couple of decades before buying my bike so I was basically a new rider).  Just my $0.02 

I'd definitely agree with the above. My MT was my first bike and I gave it about 2 seasons before I threw the throttle tube on. Granted, a lot of experience driving a manual car since I was 16 translated over and I feel like I could have done it much sooner, but everyone's different. With the torque of the MT, if you aren't careful with the new throttle tube, I'd imagine upsetting the bike by grabbing too much throttle during a rev match would be infinitely easier if you don't have good fundamentals. 

It definitely makes riding more enjoyable, for sure, once you get over that initial adjustment period though.

• Like 2

The crt exhaust is a no go for me. Zero baffling, it’s basically a straight pipe. 
I like loud, but not earplugs loud. The arrow give you a good grunt and are loud. 
I had tha arrow thunder in both short and high versions and akrapovic full ti in euro 3 and euro 4. 
no dbkiller in any. Honestly You should go ahead with th r6 throttle. Yes it makes a difference but you get used to it pretty fast. I took it out because the xsr handlebars and throttle cable don’t have enough slack to accept it, otherwise it would still be in. 

5B439EB3-814E-4185-8FA7-054988C6DECC.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Alright.

Everything installed baby

Tst blinkers

Tst sliders

2wheeldyno tune

CarbonSmith/MWR pod filter

Sc Project CRT

Colorfluster inversion and blue

Tst integrated light

R6 throttle tube

16059996950283864281314821394930.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
longrider1951
On 10/26/2020 at 12:46 PM, mjh937 said:

I just started riding 53 years ago and totally agree with this advice. I also agree with taking the MSF course. If you do it right motorcycling can be a lifetime experience, if you do it wrong it can turn you off to riding or worse.

• Like 4

On 10/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, 7fold said:

I'd imagine upsetting the bike by grabbing too much throttle during a rev match would be infinitely easier if you don't have good fundamentals. 

If you have the 2WDW flash, you won't have to worry about a "rev match". I never rev matched a bike before my FZ-07, and I had quite a few bikes. When I first heard the expression "rev match", I had to do a little research to see what it meant. After that I was doing it all the time until I got my ECU flashed. I haven't been doing it since - no need.

49 minutes ago, FZ not MT said:

If you have the 2WDW flash, you won't have to worry about a "rev match". I never rev matched a bike before my FZ-07, and I had quite a few bikes. When I first heard the expression "rev match", I had to do a little research to see what it meant. After that I was doing it all the time until I got my ECU flashed. I haven't been doing it since - no need.

That 2wdw flash does truly get our bikes right. It's night and day

• Like 1