The MT-07 Forum

Thoughts on the Ohlins FSK 100?

FNGFZ07Rider

FNGFZ07Rider

Hello suspension gurus.  I’ve been looking at the Ohlins FSK100 kit on TST website but doesn’t have any reviews.    I haven’t found much info from actual owners during my google search as well.   They look like a premade kit with heavier springs/spacers/preload adjustable caps.   I know people have great success with race tech springs and ebay preload adjustable caps but I’d like to get something plug n play.  Btw I don’t plan taking this to the track, mainly communiting in the city and goofing off on the weekends.  I already have a razor lite for the rear and added heavier fork oil in the front (which have made a great difference).  I’m just looking for preload adjustablity and possibly proper springs for my weight (170 lbs without gear) .   Actual Owner reviews or thoughts appreciated.

https://tstindustries.com/ohlins-fsk-100-spring-kit-for-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07-xsr700.html

I'm a bit skeptical of that kit for the price, when it's simply springs and preload adjusters (which you can buy cheaply).

The stock springs are 0.87 kg, which is nearly spot on for your weight (assuming you ride this on the road and not just track). If you went up to 0.9 kg you wouldn't notice any difference.

The real problem is the front end's lack of damping. I fitted Cogent's DDC valves (emulators), they made a very positive difference, it would be more cost effective to install some emulators over the FSK100 kit in my opinion.

I now have full cartridges which have improved the front end again (my bike is used on road and track).

• Like 2

Yakko Warner

You could cut new spacers.  You won't have adjustability, but you could extrapolate the preload you need with a little trial and error.  You could do it with a pipe cutter, aluminum pipe, and a deburring tool. 

FNGFZ07Rider
1 hour ago, Yakko Warner said:

You could cut new spacers.  You won't have adjustability, but you could extrapolate the preload you need with a little trial and error.  You could do it with a pipe cutter, aluminum pipe, and a deburring tool. 

I’ve already cut the stock spacers and experimented with different fork oil levels.   It does help tremendously with front end dive when braking.  

I think stickshift is right,  I’m looking for some damping.   It’s much better in cornering and braking than the original fork oil weight.  But it’s stiff on city streets.