The MT-07 Forum

Bodywork Vibrating....

blackout

• Premium Member

My front fairing and windscreen starts vibrating at 100 mph.  Is this normal?  I have the front and upper sides mounted at 8 points total.  Thought that would be plenty.  How many points is the AP body work mounted at?  Thanks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

1 hour ago, blackout said:

My front fairing and windscreen starts vibrating at 100 mph.  Is this normal?  I have the front and upper sides mounted at 8 points total.  Thought that would be plenty.  How many points is the AP body work mounted at?  Thanks.

3. One on each side, one at the nose. It kinda shakes a little at speed. It seems the more you try to mount bodywork dead solid, the more the amplitude of the shake drops but the frequency goes up. It's been my experience that I can't stop it from moving so I ignore it. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, mossrider said:

And it does not vibrate?  

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

15 minutes ago, blackout said:

And it does not vibrate?  

Hard to explain. It moves a bit but it's not that noticable. Seems I really only notice it when watching Go Pro footage. Wobbles or jiggles about 1/8 - 1/4" randomly.

You have to remember that if you tried to hold your upper in your hands and stuck them out the car window at 100+mph you'd have one hell of a time hanging on to it. There's a tremendous amount of force there.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Hard to explain. It moves a bit but it's not that noticable. Seems I really only notice it when watching Go Pro footage. Wobbles or jiggles about 1/8 - 1/4" randomly.

Ok.  Thanks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York