The MT-07 Forum

WW/R-7

WWR

Next up...goes in a breeze really. Bike is made up of a bunch of brackets holding brackets and other things. Just spin some bolts out and slip the throttle bodies/airbox out the left (separate from each other). 

WW/R

IMG_2163.thumb.jpg.324fc3096044949b0a927cf490282c2b.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ktech 20IDS cartridges in the forks + Ktech Razor shock in the back, Yoshimura exhaust, CoreMoto bake lines, new fluid & pads, Bridgestone S21Rs, R6 throttle tube, replaced a few of the damaged OEM body panels (amazingly inexpensive) and rode the piss out of her over the weekend. What an incredible transformation. I haven't had this much fun in years.

What a great little bike with a big fat usable midrange for the street/canyon/commute.

WW/R

Edited by WWR
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

So yeah, I just got sidetracked with riding and having a lot of fun with this bike. One weekend a couple of months ago I got bored, tore her apart, and did a quick paint job.

FJ09 lives beside her now (2015) but I'm keeping the -7 because it's just too much damn fun.

Couple of quick photos. Need to finish applying graphics, throw on chain/sprocket upgrade and detail soon. The other stable mates in the background.

148F3D39-B50C-438D-9066-9F02FB2622F1_1_201_a.jpeg

58A9C5E6-D7FE-4277-96B5-30827EF5F984.jpeg

Need to throw a post up soon with a few spares I have. Namely, if any of you are looking to flash your ECU and want a spare for less downtime, I have the stock one from this bike (2016, 3350 miles, non ABS bike). No intent to break rules...just want this out there as It's my preferred route when getting a flash. $85 shipped ConUS.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I really should do a more detailed writeup of this bike. Perhaps soon. I'm fortunate to have tomorrow off, so I will probably go find some clean roads and explore some new asphalt if I can. It's good enough that one (or 2) of the stable mates will leave this year.

What do you think of the Ktech suspension set up?   Are the cartridges drop in like the Ohlins?  Any modifications needed to the stock forks?  About to do a suspension change and have been torn between the Ohlins and Ktech setup.