The MT-07 Forum

Ftecu stumble after take off

cosp600rr

Hey guys, I have an odd thing happening with my 2015 FZ-07 with FTecu flashed  racebike every time I take off in the pits. I start the bike and it idles totally normal but every single time I take off to head to the track the motor cuts out 1 time only at around 13-15 mph. Then its totally normal for the rest of the time its running. No issues on track or anywhere else. Just one single stumble every single time I start it and take off. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I sent an email to FTecu and hope to hear back soon but want to ask here and see if anyone had any ideas.

Mine will do that on occasion if I don't clear it's throat before I lite off. I have a ECU tune and PC5 as well as motor mods/cams that contribute to a little 'loading up' if it idles any length of time before hitting the track. That and it's tuned to run optimally in the upper half of the rev range. 

Yours too maybe?

Maybe, it is a built motor but no pcv. The weird thing is how consistent it is and appears mph related. Won't do it until I hit 13 mph but it does it every single time. It feels electronic to me. Like the ECU is switching something on or off at a certain mph or resetting itself. It feels electronic to me. 

Probably is some flash anomaly, maybe running stock map in 1st gear? Are you up to operating temp? I never leave pit until I have heat in the oil so I'm off the cold startup circuit. Heck, I don't know.

I'm kinda thinking along the same lines. Bike is always warmed up to temp so maybe it runs a stock map for a bit then switches.  It only does it when the bike has been turned off. I can stop on the grid and it doesn't do on the launch. Very odd but I like your input. I'll be running it on the Dyno on Saturday to see if we can replicate it with it hooked up to a computer. 

Hey guys, here is a link to a youtube video of the stumble I am trying to figure out. I did it several times. If I turn off the bike and then start it when I let out the clutch at 15mph it does this every time. If I stop and start again without shutting off the bike it does not do it. Thoughts?