The MT-07 Forum

Mountain Ride

Airbornedeth

Airbornedeth

I went for a ride this morning, and decided to keep going to Mount Mitchell here in NC. (It's the highest peak east of the Mississippi, if you didn't know that.) I added pictures here from the peak, but no pics of me or the bike. 

A few things I noticed on the 2+ hour one way ride, and in the 1800+ miles I've ridden the last 45 days:

1) I no longer want the R6 throttle tube, I ABSOLUTELY need it. My right wrist is killing me.

2) My exhaust is now obnoxiously loud to me, and I'm sure to other people. I've been riding with ear plugs, but it's still annoying. I hope I can find a DB killer for it.

3) The seat is not ideal for long rides. It is ridable, but I know I've been sitting on a motorcycle for 6 hours today.

4) My AGV Helmet is all of a sudden too big. I did buy the Icon Airflite to use mostly, but it's killing my temples even on 15 minute rides (I just got out Thursday). Plus, the airflow sucks in the Icon. It didn't in my other Icon helmet which is why I went with it. I don't want to drop $600 on a helmet just for a brand name, so any help with a full face helmet that has excellent air flow that's under $400 would be much appreciated. Since I'm bald, understandably my head stays hot and sweaty, but I feel like there is no air flowing in either of these helmets. 

20200801_122400.jpg

20200801_122405.jpg

• Like 1